+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me! I can't get application number after I submitted online

echohsl

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I have my study permit application submitted on Jun 13, but I did not get the submission confirmation letter and application number that are supposed to automatically generate after the payment was made. I have my payment receipt. Since there is no application number, CIC call center cannot even find my file. I already reported the technical issue to CIC, but it will take 10 business days to be answered. My school warned me that if I cannot provide the letter by next Friday, they will immediately remove me from their student lists and I can no longer attend the school.
Can anyone here give me some advice? Thank you so much!

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
I have my study permit application submitted on Jun 13, but I did not get the submission confirmation letter and application number that are supposed to automatically generate after the payment was made. I have my payment receipt. Since there is no application number, CIC call center cannot even find my file. I already reported the technical issue to CIC, but it will take 10 business days to be answered. My school warned me that if I cannot provide the letter by next Friday, they will immediately remove me from their student lists and I can no longer attend the school.
Can anyone here give me some advice? Thank you so much!
if you have a UCI number you can give it to the CIC call center agent to look up your file. alternatively you can provide your school with the payment receipt you received as proof that you did apply

echohsl

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
if you have a UCI number you can give it to the CIC call center agent to look up your file. alternatively you can provide your school with the payment receipt you received as proof that you did apply
I did. Cic told me because my file does not generate application number, so it doesn't exist even my payment is made. They cannot even find my file with my UCI number. So frustrating:(

av

Jan 21, 2015
can you please suggest what you did to get application number, I am in same situation. application number is not generated for my BOWP application

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
can you please suggest what you did to get application number, I am in same situation. application number is not generated for my BOWP application
Hi I am in the same situation and there was no app number generated on submission. Would you be able to tell me if and how were you able to get your app number

Arub Piplani

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I applied visitor visa online for my parents through Gckey and successfully submitted application on 20th April 2023 but still application number is not generated and also I did not receive any submission confirmation letter in my account as its only shows Confirmation of Online Application Transmission when I click on check application status.Even in the submitted application grid, the status shows as submitted but application number is showing blank. Please help if anyone has experience similar issue