+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help: Immigration Fraud/Misrepresentation??

Palikari85

Aug 25, 2017
Hello all,

My story is sad and embarassing but I need some advice please.

I met my wife (from Cuba) online in 2014 on a dating site. We interchanged messages a few times until we added each other on Facebook and continued to message each other off and on (mostly off as we didn't message each other for about 8 months in between). Finally, in April 2015, we started messaging again and I requested to meet her in person in June 2015 when i was going to Cuba for vacation. She agreed but only in exchange for $$$ if you know what I mean. I agreed just because I wanted to get some that vacay, i know i know, embarassing on my part.

Anyways, to make a long story short, i fell in love with her, she "fell in love" with me and we got engaged and married within a year. She has now come to Canada and after 3 months has left me. So i guess I was duped for a visa.

I have proof (emails, facebook messages) that our meeting was arranged with her asking for "price and terms" and that our first meeting was not exactly how she explained on her visa application IMM5532. She omitted these details in which i am pretty sure that the immigration officer would have denied her visa with all the red flags. Now, the only part that I am not sure of is that these emails and messages are all in spanish and I dont know if they will accept them of proof that she misrepresented herself on the visa application.

My question is:

Do I have a case to call the immigration fraud department to try and get her deported?

Because they state, any information that is untruthful or even omitted that might affect the decision of a visa officer is a crime.

Also, how much trouble can I get into? That section of IMM5532 was to be filled out by both the sponsor, me, and the principal applicant, my wife but she is the one actually filled out the application.

She has communicated to me that she plans on staying in Canada and starting a new life for herself. I am afraid that she is going to take social assistance and of course that is going to be my responsibilty for 3 years.

Oh and one more thing, i got her a job, that pays cash money cleaning a couple of houses in the downtown area. Is there any way to get her into trouble from that in case the above does not work?

Thank you in advance for all your help and advice.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You can certainly report a potential misrepresentation / marriage of convenience.

CBSA will then decide, based on the information provided, whether or not to investigate/act.

You will NOT be "kept in the loop", unless CBSA want further information.

Her employment / tax arrangements are unrelated to immigration.

(It was for situations like this that "Condition 51, conditional PR status" was introduced. Shame that it's been repealed.)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

My story is sad and embarassing but I need some advice please.

I met my wife (from Cuba) online in 2014 on a dating site. We interchanged messages a few times until we added each other on Facebook and continued to message each other off and on (mostly off as we didn't message each other for about 8 months in between). Finally, in April 2015, we started messaging again and I requested to meet her in person in June 2015 when i was going to Cuba for vacation. She agreed but only in exchange for $$$ if you know what I mean. I agreed just because I wanted to get some that vacay, i know i know, embarassing on my part.

Anyways, to make a long story short, i fell in love with her, she "fell in love" with me and we got engaged and married within a year. She has now come to Canada and after 3 months has left me. So i guess I was duped for a visa.

I have proof (emails, facebook messages) that our meeting was arranged with her asking for "price and terms" and that our first meeting was not exactly how she explained on her visa application IMM5532. She omitted these details in which i am pretty sure that the immigration officer would have denied her visa with all the red flags. Now, the only part that I am not sure of is that these emails and messages are all in spanish and I dont know if they will accept them of proof that she misrepresented herself on the visa application.

My question is:

Do I have a case to call the immigration fraud department to try and get her deported?

Because they state, any information that is untruthful or even omitted that might affect the decision of a visa officer is a crime.

Also, how much trouble can I get into? That section of IMM5532 was to be filled out by both the sponsor, me, and the principal applicant, my wife but she is the one actually filled out the application.

She has communicated to me that she plans on staying in Canada and starting a new life for herself. I am afraid that she is going to take social assistance and of course that is going to be my responsibilty for 3 years.

Oh and one more thing, i got her a job, that pays cash money cleaning a couple of houses in the downtown area. Is there any way to get her into trouble from that in case the above does not work?

Thank you in advance for all your help and advice.
You paid her, so I really don't see how you could honestly think it was a genuine relationship.

Given that you committed misrepresentation in the app as well, yes, you could get in trouble too.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Report her and hope for the best. You made some bad/questionable choices, but that’s potentially nothing compared to the costs you could potentially be facing if she takes social assistance.