+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!!! I sent PR application by regular mail, no file number yet!!!

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
I made a mistake and sent the PR application by regular mail so I don´t know if it´s there. I sent it 2 months ago and I haven´t received any news, not even file number. I tried to check the status online but my application is not registered yet. I called the Call center for days but I can´t speak to an agent, there are always busy. Is there any change they can tell me if it´s there??? I just want to know that so I don´t have to wait forever and finally find out that my application is not even there!!! I can not think of sending everything again...photos, birth certificates...or even pay the PNP again because the letter expires
In the instructions that PNP send after being accepted says not to contact cic before 6 weeks but it passed that and I think I already should have any news.
They didn´t charge me the amount either, someone sent the application via regular mail??
how long did you wait until you got a file number??? how did you receive the file number?? Is it normal that it takes so long to get the file number?
I am really worried and it is not just that, also because I can´t even ask anybody!!!
Please tell me your opinion!! I apreciate it!! Thanks!!

Chris40

Oct 9, 2012
Not sure where you sent it or where you are but it took just over 3 months for me to receive any notification from Mississauga which I received by email. I also payed the fee's online.