+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!!! I sent PR application by regular mail, no file number yet!!!

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
I made a mistake and sent the PR application by regular mail so I don´t know if it´s there. I sent it 2 months ago and I haven´t received any news, not even file number. I tried to check the status online but my application is not registered yet. I called the Call center for days but I can´t speak to an agent, there are always busy. Is there any change they can tell me if it´s there??? I just want to know that so I don´t have to wait forever and finally find out that my application is not even there!!! I can not think of sending everything again...photos, birth certificates...or even pay the PNP again because the letter expires :(
In the instructions that PNP send after being accepted says not to contact cic before 6 weeks but it passed that and I think I already should have any news.
someone sent the application via regular mail??
how long did you wait until you got a file number??? how did you receive the file number?? Is it normal that it takes so long to get the file number?
I am really worried and it is not just that, also because I can´t even ask anybody!!!
Please tell me your opinion!! I apreciate it!! Thanks!!

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Did you apply from inside Canada?

I submitted my application on July 27 and still didn't receive a file number, so don't sweat it, 2 months waiting is normal

Email Sydney with Your Name, UCI (Unique Client Identification - 8 digits code), Date of Birth, Place of Birth, and the time you submitted your application

I emailed them and they replied to me after 12 days telling me that my application is waiting initial review.

there email is:

CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry@cic.gc.ca.

Good luck

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
Yes, I applied from inside Canada. I sent my application that week too.
I emailed them today so hopefully I receive a possitive reply, I didn´t know they answer. I was so desperate I had to try everything.
I don´t mind to wait but knowing is there.
Thank you very much for your answer
Did you also send it by regular mail?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patsynoah said:
Yes, I applied from inside Canada. I sent my application that week too.
I emailed them today so hopefully I receive a possitive reply, I didn´t know they answer. I was so desperate I had to try everything.
I don´t mind to wait but knowing is there.
Thank you very much for your answer
Did you also send it by regular mail?
I know that feeling. I sent it by courier mail and I required signature upon delivery. If you're inside Canada then the chances of your package being misdelivered are low. Just relax and wait for their reply. In the meantime, keep checking your credit card for $550 withdrawal.

good luck

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
but did they charge you already?? that is what worries me, that they didn´t charge me...
I guess I have to wait until they answer me, hopefully is there!
Thank you!!

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patsynoah said:
but did they charge you already?? that is what worries me, that they didn´t charge me...
I guess I have to wait until they answer me, hopefully is there!
Thank you!!
Yes they did. It showed today on my statement. It was taken on the 26th. Call your bank and ask

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
Sorry for asking you so many questions, this will be the last one, you mean september 26th or august 26th??thanks!!

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patsynoah said:
Sorry for asking you so many questions, this will be the last one, you mean september 26th or august 26th??thanks!!

That's alright. September 26th. Don't feel hesitant to ask any questions, that's what we're here for