+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: Didn't get any points for studies in Canada

EmmaTrace2017

May 11, 2017
Hi All,

I just recently created an express entry profile for CEC and on the education part, i selected 1 year post sec for 2 different colleges. But to my surprise CIC gave me 0 points for studies in Canada. When i checked with CRS calculator, i have 416 points (15 points for Canadian education) But in CIC i have only 401points. Please what may be the reason for no points awarded for my Canadian studies?

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

I just recently created an express entry profile for CEC and on the education part, i selected 1 year post sec for 2 different colleges. But to my surprise CIC gave me 0 points for studies in Canada. When i checked with CRS calculator, i have 416 points (15 points for Canadian education) But in CIC i have only 401points. Please what may be the reason for no points awarded for my Canadian studies?
Possible errors in completing the form -
- you indicated "no" when asked if you were awarded a degree/diploma
- you answered "no" when asked if this degree/diploma was from a public post-secondary college etc...
- You did not provide the DLI number
- You answered "yes" that more than half of the program was English as a Second Language / French as a second language
- you answered "yes" that your study was based on an award that requires you to return to your country.

EmmaTrace2017

May 11, 2017
- you answered "no" when asked if this degree/diploma was from a public post-secondary college etc...
- You answered "yes" that more than half of the program was English as a Second Language / French as a second language
- you answered "yes" that your study was based on an award that requires you to return to your country.

Thank you... I have corrected this line (below) but i still did not get points awarded on Studies in Canada:
- You answered "yes" that more than half of the program was English as a Second Language / French as a second language.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you... I have corrected this line (below) but i still did not get points awarded on Studies in Canada:
- You answered "yes" that more than half of the program was English as a Second Language / French as a second language.
LOL, common error. When you update your profile, you have to give the system time to update - wait about 24 hours...

Anujna

Dec 11, 2019
I have the opposite problem! I have two years of masters degree from Canadian university. I must get 15 points according to the CRS tool but I get 30 points in CIC!!

can you please help?

Aug 27, 2022
Hi I am facing same issue, I have done Post graduation certificate course which was for 8 months. I have updated my answer to “no” for question “half of the program was English as a Second Language / French as a second language”. I did that on Thursday but it’s been 48 hours now and scores as still the same.

can some please guide.

Last edited: