+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help by your suggestions

reikiprince

Apr 28, 2015
I landed in Canada with my wife and child in July 2014 and all of us got PR cards with expiry date of Sep 2019.

My wife and child are moving to Canada in March 2017 and expect to stay 3 years to get citizenship.

I am Portugal passport holder. I have no intention of immigrating. I want to visit them with my PR card till 2019 and then after expiry of the card use my visa exempt Portugal passport to apply for ETA.

My questions are:

1) My PR card expires Sep 2019 but I don’t meet residency requirement after Jul 2017. Do you foresee any problem for me in immigration if I continue visiting them for a week or so every few months till 2019 with my PR card?

2) Would you advise that I wait till I am officially reported and officially lose the PR card and then apply for ETA? After being reported and losing PR card am I eligible for ETA?

3) Can I get an ETA by surrendering my PR card immediately considering I am not interested in immigrating? What is the time period for surrender and getting an ETA?

4) Also would it make sense to fly to USA’ and enter Canada via land on PR card and Portugal passport. Can I be denied entry into Canada?
Can I surrender PR card at the Canada USA border and enter with my visa exempt passport? Is the surrender of PR card on the spot?

Please if you guide me what is the best way possible I would be very grateful. I am very depressed that I might not be able to meet my family.

Regards
reikiprince