+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Guide me ( Leon - PMM )

Jun 29, 2010
Hi ,pls PMM or Leon Answer my Questions...

Just want to ask ,
1-for example I have work permit in Canada , after working one year can I apply for PR in CEC category..
Specially I have a job offer ,
2-do this job offer need to be approved from HRSDC if am working currently in Canada,
3-if am working in Canada 3 years with work permit can I apply for citizenship or I need a pr to apply,
4-and last question Work Permit usually issue for how many years 1 or two ...

Thanks
Captain Charisma

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
captain charisma said:
Hi ,pls PMM or Leon Answer my Questions...

Just want to ask ,
1-for example I have work permit in Canada , after working one year can I apply for PR in CEC category..
Specially I have a job offer ,

No, you will need to work for 24 months.....unless you previously graduated from a qualifying Canadian post secondary program. However, you could qualify for the FSW – Arranged Employment stream - See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2-do this job offer need to be approved from HRSDC if am working currently in Canada,

Most likely, Yes. Unless the offer is for a job that requires a work permit but no LMO ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp)

3-if am working in Canada 3 years with work permit can I apply for citizenship or I need a pr to apply,

A work permit is actually not an immigration document so working under a WP for 3 years will not qualify you for Citizenship. You will need to apply for and be granted Permanent Residence (PR). To qualify for citizenship, you need to have been a PR for a minimum of 2 years. The general requirement is that you should have lived in Canada for atleast 3 years out of the 4 years preceding application, thus, you may use part of the time you stayed working under a Work Permit to qualify for citizenship. Each day you lived in Canada before becoming PR would only count as half a day.

4-and last question Work Permit usually issue for how many years 1 or two ...

The validity of work permits depends on many things: the category under which you applied, the nature of your job (LMO duration), expected duration of employment stated in the job offer, passport validity. Under some categories like NAFTA, work permits can be valid for up to 3 years, while some categories like Work Holiday Programs have validity of 1 or 2 years, depending on country of origin. Also, work permits can easily be renewed inside Canada with the right documentation

Essat