+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please explain fingerprint request letter

haider19

Mar 5, 2019
Hi all,
My child was arrested and court withdrew all his charges on April 9,2018 and was never convicted.Our citizenship was signed and sent on April 20,2018. Today I received a request for him to do fingerprints. In the last page the following was noted

Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain
circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your child’s citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website to review details about the circumstances which could prevent your child from becoming a Canadian citizen.

What does this means, when I submitted for his citizenship his charges were withdrawn and he was not charged or under probation at that time but it was only 10 days difference between the final court and the day we sent the application. Can anyone explain the note for me please.

Thankyou

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi all,
My child was arrested and court withdrew all his charges on April 9,2018 and was never convicted.Our citizenship was signed and sent on April 20,2018. Today I received a request for him to do fingerprints. In the last page the following was noted

Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain
circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your child’s citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website to review details about the circumstances which could prevent your child from becoming a Canadian citizen.

What does this means, when I submitted for his citizenship his charges were withdrawn and he was not charged or under probation at that time but it was only 10 days difference between the final court and the day we sent the application. Can anyone explain the note for me please.

Thankyou
Back in October 2018 I received fingerprint request from IRCC and it also had the footnote you noted. That footnote is generic reminder of the consequence of an applicant having committed criminal acts. I already did the requested fingerprint and passed criminality because I had no criminal record.

In your son's case the bottom line is the charges were dropped. IRCC may request further information regarding the case. So you need not worry about the fingerprint request or the generic footnote. This is routine.

Last edited:
Reactions: haider19

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
as far as he has not been convicted dont have to worry.he has to get his fingerprints and it usually takes around 2-3 months get the results but its all good untill the chargses were dropped.

Reactions: haider19