Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
My Mom was recently granted a multiple entry TRV and she arrived here in Canada on July 5, 2013. She was authorized to stay for 6 months which has already ended on January 5, 2014. Prior to that we submitted an application for extension on October 20, 2013 but we still have not received any results yet. I have read that a person with TRV would be on implied status after his authorized stay given that he has submitted his extension prior to its expiration but I'm not really sure about this. My questions are:

1. Is my Mom illegally overstaying?
2. Will this affect her record when she plan to return to Canada in the future?
3. Should she go back home or just wait for the result of her extension?

Thank you and I hope to see a response soon.

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
ickodothy said:
My Mom was recently granted a multiple entry TRV and she arrived here in Canada on July 5, 2013. She was authorized to stay for 6 months which has already ended on January 5, 2014. Prior to that we submitted an application for extension on October 20, 2013 but we still have not received any results yet. I have read that a person with TRV would be on implied status after his authorized stay given that he has submitted his extension prior to its expiration but I'm not really sure about this. My questions are:

1. Is my Mom illegally overstaying?
2. Will this affect her record when she plan to return to Canada in the future?
3. Should she go back home or just wait for the result of her extension?

Thank you and I hope to see a response soon.
Hi!

Yes, you are right. She is on implied status according CIC: If you apply to extend your permit, and your visitor visa expires while you are waiting for a decision, you still have temporary resident (visitor) status. This is known as implied status.
Answering your questions:

1. No, because you applied 30 days prior the expiration date;
2. No, don't think so. It s not her fault that it s taking so long. From your side you did everything according the rules.
3. She is on implied status already, so I think it's better to wait the result.