+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please DO NOT go for Flag Polling/ PR Landing in Carway, Alberta

Ish_Canada

May 7, 2015
Hello Friends,

we (me and my wife) went for my PR landing at Carway Border, alberta last week and officer put us in waiting room after being aggressive enough and stating that " this is NOT my job to immigrate you guys! Why didnt you take appointment from CIC why are you coming to border like this using a loophole in the system" take a seat and i will see what i can do whether today or tomorrow, I dont know. how much I will need. My job is to protect border, NOT to immigrate people like you who are not Legit travelers."
( What he meant was, we just hit U.S border and comeback and we are not an actual travel who is truly coming from U.S to canada to immigrate.

either ways, he warned us to tell all our friends AND anyone we know " DOnt come to carway border for you PR landing unless you are legal traveler crossing border. Ask people to go to coutts (24hrs) or cic offices for immigration"

So i just wanted to let you know. pls make a note of this.

We finally got the PR formalities done after 1 hour of questioning by the officer on duty.

Please let me know, if anyone of you need any info on this.

Thanks

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
write the letter to their manager or head office even to ministry of immigration how they were rude?

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Thanks For the info. So it Is ok to do it in Couts?

Ish_Canada

May 7, 2015
mawin said:
write the letter to their manager or head office even to ministry of immigration how they were rude?

I am not very comfortable taking in any further by filing a complaint - as it may be something to do just with that officer as well ( i mean, I dont know ::) ) because its not like people havnt done this before in carway!! right..
but i was also "shocked" because my brother had told me, that when you come to canadian side for the final thing- the officers actually congratulate you and are very welcoming but he did his process at Rainbow bridge and that too 5 years back but hope this info helps the others here.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Thanks, btw why did you decided to go to that border?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally, I *would* write to CBSA about this: it is clearly indicated that immigration services are available at Carway.

The officer was WAY out of line, IMO. If I were his supervisor/manager, I would definitely want to know about this!

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
I had gone to Carway for open work permit last week and my expereince was exactly same as the OP. The lady was really rude and arrogant. Gave me a 15 class before taking my file...we are her to protect the border...check smuggling....do not have time to immigartion. If you do not like the process here go to your home country...blah bla blah.

I didnot even listen carfully to half of those. Funny thing was i was the only person taking service at time from those busy guys. There were few more officers seating behind and having casual talk. Finally, she gave me the work permit but said that she is making a note on my file. Said that Do not come to border again for immigration service.

chikku0801

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/14/2014
Med's Request
08/30/2014
Med's Done....
07/24/2014
I had the same experience at the Carway border, i have to come empty handed and do the landing in CIC office.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
pk_2015 said:
I had gone to Carway for open work permit last week and my expereince was exactly same as the OP. The lady was really rude and arrogant. Gave me a 15 class before taking my file...we are her to protect the border...check smuggling....do not have time to immigartion. If you do not like the process here go to your home country...blah bla blah.

I didnot even listen carfully to half of those. Funny thing was i was the only person taking service at time from those busy guys. There were few more officers seating behind and having casual talk. Finally, she gave me the work permit but said that she is making a note on my file. Said that Do not come to border again for immigration service.
Someone who feels that way probably shouldn't be in a customer-facing role at CBSA.

Ish_Canada

May 7, 2015
chikku0801 said:
I had the same experience at the Carway border, i have to come empty handed and do the landing in CIC office.
Thanks @chikku0801 and @YamPower for sharing this. we need to share our experiences here, so that others don't have to face the same trouble as we all did.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
Someone who feels that way probably shouldn't be in a customer-facing role at CBSA.
Exactly. It's also in direct conflict with CBSA's advertised services available at Carway.

Ish_Canada said:
Thanks @ chikku0801 and @ YamPower for sharing this. we need to share our experiences here, so that others don't have to face the same trouble as we all did.
I agree it's useful to share this information here. It would be even more useful & constructive to share it with CBSA. It is clearly stated that immigration services are available at Carway. "Flagpoling", when one is eligible to do so, is not excluded.

I'll reiterate what I said previously: CBSA managers/supervisors need to know about this.