Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Hi, I am going to apply for residency by the end of February and need help with my referral letter from my current employer. Please comment and tell me if it's good enough or if there's things you would change. I am aware that I haven't worked with this employer for a year yet. My first 4 months of employment was with a different company. Thank you for any responses

February 25, 2015

Re: Letter of Reference

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Ms. XXX is currently working as a full-time employee for XXX, working 40 hours a week. Her annual salary from June 2, 2014 to December 28, 2014 was $37,440 and increased to $41,600 from December 29, 2014 to present.

Ms. XXX has been a full-time employee for XXX since June 2, 2014 to present day.

She is working as a Registered Practical Nurse (NOC 3233) at a doctor's office with five family physicians. As a registered practical nurse, her duties include: patient assessment, performing nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, sterile and clean dressing change, suture and surgical staple removal, administering medication and documenting therapeutic or adverse effects observed, administering vaccines in accordance with Ontario's immunization schedule for publicly funded vaccines, monitoring of patients' progress by evaluating effectiveness of nursing interventions and collaborating with family physicians and other medical staff. Her duties also include reporting of communicable disease, animal bites and sexually transmitted disease to Toronto Public Health, providing safety and health education to patients; and implementing best practices for infection prevention and control in the office.

Benefits included:

Vacation Entitlement: Two weeks paid vacation per year
Health Benefits: Extended health and dental insurance

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions regarding the contents of this letter or require additional information.

Sincerely,

XXX
Clinic Manager

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
I would suggest removing your employer's name from the post on the forum for their confidentiality (and yours).

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Thank you for noticing that! I intended to remove it but missed it. Do you have any comments on the letter? Thanks

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamae said:
Hi, I am going to apply for residency by the end of February and need help with my referral letter from my current employer. Please comment and tell me if it's good enough or if there's things you would change. I am aware that I haven't worked with this employer for a year yet. My first 4 months of employment was with a different company. Thank you for any responses

February 25, 2015

Re: Letter of Reference

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Ms. XXX is currently working as a full-time employee for XXX, working 40 hours a week. Her annual salary from June 2, 2014 to December 28, 2014 was $37,440 and increased to $41,600 from December 29, 2014 to present.

Ms. XXX has been a full-time employee for XXX since June 2, 2014 to present day.

She is working as a Registered Practical Nurse (NOC 3233) at a doctor's office with five family physicians. As a registered practical nurse, her duties include: patient assessment, performing nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, sterile and clean dressing change, suture and surgical staple removal, administering medication and documenting therapeutic or adverse effects observed, administering vaccines in accordance with Ontario's immunization schedule for publicly funded vaccines, monitoring of patients' progress by evaluating effectiveness of nursing interventions and collaborating with family physicians and other medical staff. Her duties also include reporting of communicable disease, animal bites and sexually transmitted disease to Toronto Public Health, providing safety and health education to patients; and implementing best practices for infection prevention and control in the office.

Benefits included:

Vacation Entitlement: Two weeks paid vacation per year
Health Benefits: Extended health and dental insurance

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions regarding the contents of this letter or require additional information.

Sincerely,

XXX
Clinic Manager

Hi

General looks ok , but since the letter is very important, I would suggest refine it

first of all : lack of some necessary information : phone address, website , fax . ( maybe you just left here ) please double check the check list of CEC.

another thing is do you hired permanently, if so, add the word "permanently " to some place would be better.

the last thing is : list your duties one by one would be easier to read than put them together like this.

some other thing can be improved would be , this letter doesn't sound like written by a manager. ( just my opinion ) .

if you find it can't help , please just ignore them.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The letter contains all the essential information (sometimes more than once) : ) Just a suggestion, to reorganize the letter like this, and then refine the job duties -

This is to confirm that Ms. XXX has been working full-time as a Registered Practical Nurse (NOC 3233) at EMPLOYERS NAME since June 2, 2014 to the present. As a full-time employee, Ms.XXX works 40 hours per week. Her initial annual salary was $37,440 (June 2, 2014 to December 28, 2014). Effective December 29, 2014, her annual salary is $41,600. Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation per year, as well as extended health and dental insurance.

As a registered practical nurse, her duties include:
• patient assessment,
• performing nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, sterile and clean dressing change, suture and surgical staple removal,
• administering medication and documenting therapeutic or adverse effects observed,
• Administering vaccines in accordance with Ontario's immunization schedule for publicly funded vaccines,
• monitoring of patients' progress by evaluating effectiveness of nursing interventions
• collaborating with family physicians and other medical staff
• Reporting of communicable disease, animal bites and sexually transmitted disease to Toronto Public Health,
• providing safety and health education to patients;
• implementing best practices for infection prevention and control in the office.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
The letter contains all the essential information (sometimes more than once) : ) Just a suggestion, to reorganize the letter like this, and then refine the job duties -

This is to confirm that Ms. XXX has been working full-time as a Registered Practical Nurse (NOC 3233) at EMPLOYERS NAME since June 2, 2014 to the present. As a full-time employee, Ms.XXX works 40 hours per week. Her initial annual salary was $37,440 (June 2, 2014 to December 28, 2014). Effective December 29, 2014, her annual salary is $41,600. Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation per year, as well as extended health and dental insurance.

As a registered practical nurse, her duties include:
• patient assessment,
• performing nursing procedures such as taking vital signs, sterile and clean dressing change, suture and surgical staple removal,
• administering medication and documenting therapeutic or adverse effects observed,
• Administering vaccines in accordance with Ontario's immunization schedule for publicly funded vaccines,
• monitoring of patients' progress by evaluating effectiveness of nursing interventions
• collaborating with family physicians and other medical staff
• Reporting of communicable disease, animal bites and sexually transmitted disease to Toronto Public Health,
• providing safety and health education to patients;
• implementing best practices for infection prevention and control in the office.

see this one sound like written by a manager.

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Thank you so much for the input jes_ON and yixiaop26. :)

I have a follow-up question if that's okay, my manager now at my current job is the same manager I had from my previous job (which I will also need a reference letter for to apply for residency), she decided to take me with her when she and some of the other doctors from my previous job opened their own clinic. I am wondering if it is possible to have my current manager write my ref letter since she was the manager at my previous job when I was working there? Or is it really necessary to ask the new manager at my previous job to write the letter for me even though she has never met me and I was no longer there when they hired her. I hope it's not too confusing. Thank you again.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kamae said:
I have a follow-up question if that's okay, my manager now at my current job is the same manager I had from my previous job (which I will also need a reference letter for to apply for residency), she decided to take me with her when she and some of the other doctors from my previous job opened their own clinic. I am wondering if it is possible to have my current manager write my ref letter since she was the manager at my previous job when I was working there? Or is it really necessary to ask the new manager at my previous job to write the letter for me even though she has never met me and I was no longer there when they hired her. I hope it's not too confusing. Thank you again.
For your previous job, I would suggest both. That is, you need a letter from your previous employer, and your current supervisor no longer represents that employer. So you need a letter from someone representing your previous employer - whether it's from HR, doesn't matter. But a letter from your former supervisor for the previous job would not hurt, esp. if he/she can give better details on job duties.

Since that means your current supervisor would be writing about two different jobs at two different companies and locations, they should be separate letters and VERY CLEAR about why she's writing the letter for the previous job...

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
That makes a lot of sense. So it would be best for my current manager to write a letter with my duties from my previous job... but have the new manager at my previous job write a letter just stating that I did work there full-time from this date to that date, earning this much. Also, is a NOA required or would T4s be sufficient to go along with my application. I am hoping to apply as soon as possible and I don't know how it would take to get a NOA.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamae said:
That makes a lot of sense. So it would be best for my current manager to write a letter with my duties from my previous job... but have the new manager at my previous job write a letter just stating that I did work there full-time from this date to that date, earning this much. Also, is a NOA required or would T4s be sufficient to go along with my application. I am hoping to apply as soon as possible and I don't know how it would take to get a NOA.
both of them , please double check updated check list , that items should be clearly specified. what is must , and when can't supply , explanation letter will be needed.

if the work experience you claimed can't get T4s now , you need pay stub and offer letter to support it and mention it in cover explanation letter why you can't supply T4 and what you supplied now to support . and when T4 is avail, you willing to update too. ( so and NOA )

like 2015 T4 need wait 2016 .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kamae said:
Also, is a NOA required or would T4s be sufficient to go along with my application. I am hoping to apply as soon as possible and I don't know how it would take to get a NOA.
You can submit your T4s, end of year paystubs, and NOA can be added to the application after ... CIC is well aware of the time frame for getting CRA documents.

If you haven't yet applied, you know you need to apply first to the Express Entry pool, right? You don't need to submit all those documents for the initial express entry application. You have to wait for an Invitation to Apply (ITA). If you get the ITA, you then have 2 months to complete the CEC application.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
please help about my letter.

My employer does not wants to give me employment letter, because He found out that I am trying to find another job.
I have been working here for a year and a half.
I get pay regularly, I do a good work. But this guy is not a very nice person, as you can see.
My NOC is 2242.
Thanks

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Can you get another person in the company who you get on with to sign a letter on the company letter-head. This letter does not need to be from your "boss". It can be from HR, another person, ideally superior to you, etc.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: please help about my letter.

tomsniper said:
My employer does not wants to give me employment letter, because He found out that I am trying to find another job.
I have been working here for a year and a half.
I get pay regularly, I do a good work. But this guy is not a very nice person, as you can see.
My NOC is 2242.
Thanks

if he can give reject reason, it would be ok too. you can put the reject reason email in application .

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
yixiaop26 said:
if he can give reject reason, it would be ok too. you can put the reject reason email in application .
Thanks for you kindly attention, but I did not get this last thing.