+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please answer proof of residency in canada

sarah johns

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
PLEASE ANSWER ME URGENTLY
my husband is sponsoring me and my daughter and they sent us mail want proof of his stay in canada
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email :

- Evidence of your sponsor’s residency in Canada (e.g. Evidence of his employment, T4 and Notice of Assessment for the last 2 years, etc

this is what they asked for , my husband is a freelance self employ so what if i just sent them the taxes and his car lisence , is this going to be enough for them or they will not be satisfied like this ?????

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sarah johns said:
PLEASE ANSWER ME URGENTLY
my husband is sponsoring me and my daughter and they sent us mail want proof of his stay in canada
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email :

- Evidence of your sponsor’s residency in Canada (e.g. Evidence of his employment, T4 and Notice of Assessment for the last 2 years, etc

this is what they asked for , my husband is a freelance self employ so what if i just sent them the taxes and his car lisence , is this going to be enough for them or they will not be satisfied like this ?????
It's possible. You may want to include a letter stating he is self employed.

Does he own property in Canada? Rent? Lease? If so, that might also be included to show he physically resides here...

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah johns said:
is this going to be enough if i just added the rent contract ??
and what if i couldnt send it
Self employed do file for Tax , so you need to send the 2 NOA and explain that he is a self employed and don't need T4 .
Rent contract is good too .

If you can't send the documents = meaning you can't proof your husband's residency = your application for PR will be refused on the grounds that your PR husband should have remained in Canada while your app was in process .

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
If he is a PR, does he meet the residency obligations?