+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise !

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
My 120 day deadline has elapsed. Since I was going to withdraw application anyway (lack of proof of funds) , I never sent in my application to visa office. I e mailed visa office asking for change of address and withdrawl, refund of application and they replied that they have no information of my file and to change address,withdrawl,refund through Sydney, N.S. Any advice

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CIO takes an enormous time now-a-days to send our file to the local visa office. That's the reason the CIC guide says to deposit a copy of our original apps to the the Visa Office alongwith all supporting docs, after we get the 120 days letter.

For the change of address, I guess u can't do much now unless u send the 2nd stage docs to the local CHC. There, with the cover letter [as well as on the apps] write the new address. Meanwhile fax a letter to the Central Processing Unit, Sydney-NS, as well.

Most probably now that your 120 days have elapsed, u r not likely to be anymore accepted b the CHC. They r getting strict about it day by day. But, u can always try with a suave cover letter explaining your factual position. But, I'm afraid if they yet do not accept your 2nd stage docs, u might loose your apps fees.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Qorax , I understand. But if you do not send any docuemnts to visa office , are you not entitled for refund ? If you do not qualify for processing, you get refund ?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roger55 said:
Qorax , I understand. But if you do not send any docuemnts to visa office , are you not entitled for refund ? If you do not qualify for processing, you get refund ?
You are very much entitled for refund. Until the processing of file starts as per the new rule which means Status In Process refund is given if status is before In Process means received by Visa office/Visa office review complete/ CIO Eligibility Review complete.

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
You shouldve submitted despite lack of funds buddy! While you need to prove funds it's not a concrete requirement. There is wiggle room on the requirement. Yes they can dismiss your application because of it but they can also address their concerns to you about it and give you the opportunity to rectify with time. They will certainly reject you now but your entitled to your refund. Navigating the process is complex and perplexing but for some requirements visa officers can exercise fluidity in their assessment. Proof of funds at the time of application is one such instance

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
In terms of your refund, the visa Office to which you were told to reply will close your file after the 120 day period. They will then notify the CIO to initiate the refund process. It will be the CIO who sends you your money. Hope that makes sense.