+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise on this PNP/EE dilemma

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Hey guys, hope y'all having fun. So I created my profile today in the morning. I got 440 on CRS. I'm in the pool as of now.

But I just got a message which says "Ontario would like to consider you for it's provincial Nominee Program" .

I'm confused as to what do I do?

"

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
It means you received "Notification of Interest" from Ontario.

You can now submit application package to Ontario Immigration if you would like to be considered for Nomination under Human Capital stream. Be ready to pay $1500 as well as expect waiting period of approximate 1 year (not sure if they will expedite the process as there is an online system in place).

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
goldencanada said:
It means you received "Notification of Interest" from Ontario.

You can now submit application package to Ontario Immigration if you would like to be considered for Nomination under Human Capital stream. Be ready to pay $1500 as well as expect waiting period of approximate 1 year (not sure if they will expedite the process as there is an online system in place).

Holy guacamole, 1 year!!

I should rather wait for the FSW ITA then which I believe should be the next draw if the current trend continues since I got 440 and last draw was at 441.

You think it'll be a wise call?

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
grapehair said:
Holy guacamole, 1 year!!

I should rather wait for the FSW ITA then which I believe should be the next draw if the current trend continues since I got 440 and last draw was at 441.

You think it'll be a wise call?
Hey. Same here. Im at 440 and got the Ontario Interest. I will wait for the next draw because we are just 1 point away. If they increase the cut-off score i will submit my application through PNP. But if they decrease it (most likely they will) then i will save the $1,500 and longer processing time. I rather wait 2 weeks for next draw to see how it plays out.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
chelseafc99 said:
Hey. Same here. Im at 440 and got the Ontario Interest. I will wait for the next draw because we are just 1 point away. If they increase the cut-off score i will submit my application through PNP. But if they decrease it (most likely they will) then i will save the $1,500 and longer processing time. I rather wait 2 weeks for next draw to see how it plays out.
Have you also created your profile recently?

Thanks

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
omarimam said:
Have you also created your profile recently?

Thanks
I created it Monday night (two days before the draw) hoping to get the ITA. But missed by one point. I was agonized but yet still hopeful for the future :)
What about you? How many points are you sitting it!

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
chelseafc99 said:
I created it Monday night (two days before the draw) hoping to get the ITA. But missed by one point. I was agonized but yet still hopeful for the future :)
What about you? How many points are you sitting it!
Awesome, just one more point. I looked at Ontario's website and I do the qualify the work experience they have up on their website.Anyways, I'm hopeful for the CRS score dipping to 440 and below.

P.S. I created my profile this morning lol

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
My advice is to wait for ITA to drop below 441. It's highly unlikely but you never know.

Improving IELTS score is an another option (which will require another 1-2 months to get results etc.).

I am a OINP nominated candidate myself. I know the pain all OINP applicants went through in 2015-2016. It took us 1 year to get nominated only when our EE profiles expired. I want you to be aware of their processing time.

I would encourage you to prepare your OINP application on side. Maybe, Their processing time could be better this time (possibility of 2-3 months) as they posted on their website about an online system to process applications.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
goldencanada said:
My advice is to wait for ITA to drop below 441. It's highly unlikely but you never know.

Improving IELTS score is an another option (which will require another 1-2 months to get results etc.).

I am a OINP nominated candidate myself. I know the pain all OINP applicants went through in 2015-2016. It took us 1 year to get nominated only when our EE profiles expired. I want you to be aware of their processing time.

I would encourage you to prepare your OINP application on side. Maybe, Their processing time could be better this time (possibility of 2-3 months) as they posted on their website about an online system to process applications.
why is it highly Unlikely to drop below 441?

Thanks

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
goldencanada said:

I wouldnt say its highly unlikely. All applicants 441 and above have been cleared out. Ontario will not send out 2017 nominations in 2 weeks. Not sure about other provinces. I'd say its highly likely for it to drop :). Follow the Ray of hope thread people :D

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
goldencanada said:

Thanks for the reply. I just checked their website and unfortunately I don't qualify for the OINP. Not sure why would they send me a letter if I don't qualify. Anyways, thanks for the advice!!

I'm def going to wait for two more weeks and see if the trend of CRS going south continues. It's interesting how those who never thought of CRS lowering below 450 are getting the ITAs. Certainly a fresh welcome for all