+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise any help would be so great

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have a question to ask, when completing the visa forms it stated the sponsor (my wife) did not have to be employed (we completed the forms in London)as we were in London at the time she was not working and had a job waiting for her to start when she went back to Canada which we provided evidence for with the application.

Today we received this email from immigration:

"Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Evidence of sponsor's employment in Canada

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Q: has anyone had this problem and how will this affect our application as my wife lives in saskatchewan but we put on out visa forms we would like to live in Calgary eventually?

Any help would be so appreciated :)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Does you wife have a job in Saskatchewan? If so, get a letter from her employer stating: name of employer, job title and annual income. If your wife is unemployed at the moment, and she is getting unemployment insurance, send evidence of that together with an explanation letter.

"...had a job waiting for her to start when she went back to Canada which we provided evidence for with the application." From what you said, she had a job offer in Canada while she was still in London, so they probably want to see if she went through with that offer and accepted the job / started working like she promised she would.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi ya, thanks for the info, yeah my wife did start the job she said she would when she went back to Canada and that was the job we provided a letter from the employer for. We will send a letter from employer with pay stubs, she changed jobs in October and we will provide info and letter from both jobs, it's just upsetting when you think you can return to London and have your visa in a couple of months than to realise it's going to be 4 months longer and maybe more :(

Q: Because we stated we eventually want to settle in Calgary but she works and lives in saskatchewan would this affect the application in any way?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
B1007 said:
Hi ya, thanks for the info, yeah my wife did start the job she said she would when she went back to Canada and that was the job we provided a letter from the employer for. We will send a letter from employer with pay stubs, she changed jobs in October and we will provide info and letter from both jobs, it's just upsetting when you think you can return to London and have your visa in a couple of months than to realise it's going to be 4 months longer and maybe more :(

Q: Because we stated we eventually want to settle in Calgary but she works and lives in saskatchewan would this affect the application in any way?
No - the spousal sponsorship is a federal program, so you're free to go anywhere you want, and it doesn't matter that you change your mind ( or come up with a different plan) during the course of the application. It would only matter if you were thinking about going to Quebec instead, because there is some specific requirements, but other than that, it shouldn't be an issue.

And - London usually processes files quite quickly, despite the message about them taking 4 months to review the documents - most applicants got a decision on their file in the week following reception of the documents, so hopefully it won't delay your PR by much.

Good luck,
Sweden

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Avadava said:
Does you wife have a job in Saskatchewan? If so, get a letter from her employer stating: name of employer, job title and annual income. If your wife is unemployed at the moment, and she is getting unemployment insurance, send evidence of that together with an explanation letter.

"...had a job waiting for her to start when she went back to Canada which we provided evidence for with the application." From what you said, she had a job offer in Canada while she was still in London, so they probably want to see if she went through with that offer and accepted the job / started working like she promised she would.
hey will it be ok if i submit photocopies of my pay stub? the owner at my work is soo stupid she wont give me a letter :/

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
maria a said:
hey will it be ok if i submit photocopies of my pay stub? the owner at my work is soo stupid she wont give me a letter :/
You can send pay stubs for the past 12 months and also explain on a separate piece of paper why you couldn't get a letter from your employer.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
As they are only looking for 'evidence' of your sponsors work in Canada, I think it's safe to only send copies of the pay stubs. I am not even sure you will require a letter explaining that you don't have a letter from your employer. Evidence of work would indeed be valid pay stubs.

Good luck!

****EDIT***** I, of course, am applying logic here, something that is not always done by CIC. Based on that, I reserve the right to be absolutely WRONG on this and not be held accountable! :p

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
I'd try to get a letter or something more than just pay stubs. Photocopies of pay stubs plus a photocopy of another document - employment contract, letter offering you the job, or a letter from the employer. If CIC is after more information its probably wise to assume that they are looking for some evidence that you can support your spouse. Pay stubs on their own don't give enough evidence as they are historical, ie. they show that you earned money in the past but don't have anything on them to indicate that (a) you are still working or (b) that the work is continuing for the foreseeable future.

Pay stubs alone might be acceptable by CIC, but there's a good chance they are looking for more than that. If they are, the application could be further delayed by them coming back and asking for more evidence. Just a thought...

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all

Staying on the same subject as the OP!

I am the sponsor and my wife the applicant and I are still living in Europe. I had also sent in a letter from a an employer's job offer to me.
Due to pregnancy and eventually the coming of our baby daughter I could not move to Canada and had remained here in the home country so I can assist my little family.
Our VO is the notorious for not communicating Vienna.
My intention is to remain here until she gets her PR and then i go to Canada first and she and the baby to follow in 1-2 months.
In case I receive something like the OP has what would I answer them?

Best Regards to all

Tom

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
messenger said:
Hi all

Staying on the same subject as the OP!

I am the sponsor and my wife the applicant and I are still living in Europe. I had also sent in a letter from a an employer's job offer to me.
Due to pregnancy and eventually the coming of our baby daughter I could not move to Canada and had remained here in the home country so I will assist my little family.
Our VO is the notorious for not communicating Vienna.
My intention is to remain here until she gets her PR and then i go to Canada first and she and the baby to follow in 1-2 months.
In case I receive something like the OP has what would I answer them?

Best Regards to all

Tom
I would answer them exactly how you have explained here, Tom. Because you opted not to go to Canada earlier should not be a hindrance on your application. So long as you can prove your intent to move back to Canada once she is issued her PR visa than all should be well.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Alurra71 said:
I would answer them exactly how you have explained here, Tom. Because you opted not to go to Canada earlier should not be a hindrance on your application. So long as you can prove your intent to move back to Canada once she is issued her PR visa than all should be well.
Hi Alura, thank you for the prompt reply

Yes it does make sense!

Have a good day!

Tom