+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advice March 2014

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Posted my citizenship application on 12 March 2014, 1145 residence days. Also submitted for PR Card renewal February 2014.

Below are my concerns and would appreciate any thoughts

1. In the last 3 years I worked for 20 months only in a different field than I immigrated to Canada, I am still trying to qualify in my field.
2. I was out of the country for 328 days with over 17 trips for various personal reasons which included 10 trips to USA most of them for no more than 10 days.
Traveled to India 3 times- dad passed away and once to accompany my family before they moved permanently from India to Canada.
3. I enrolled for a 4 month course in November 2010 completed in 2011 February.
4. Enrolled in a program in Humber from September 2013 to present
5. Notice of assessments submitted for Fy2010-2013 and rental agreement and rent receipts enclosed with application.
Will my inability to find alternate employment affect how CIC looks at my application
How likely am I to receive a RQ on the basis of the above information

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
does 1145 days includes 328 days absence from canada ?

If yes then you have insufficient days. you need to calculate total of 1096 presence in canada.

Type if job you do in your field or other field does not matter.

You have made too many trips and have long period of absence from canada so you are most likely to get an RQ.

But getting an RQ is not an issue, because it is just an additional and detailed information you need to provide about all your canadian residential and work history as well as your complete travelling history.

if you have all documents in placed nothing to worry about at this point.

canadp

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
@Canadap

Appreciate your response, 1145 is the actual physical presence in Canada. What stage do they send out the RQ.

I enclosed my children's school records since 2011, I have also included my university transcript for the period November 2010-Feb 2010 and also for September 2013 to present, in addition I also included rental agreement/rent receipts together with NOA for FY2010-2013 and T4 for 2011-2012-2013 and T4E employment insurance confirmation, also included my doctors letter outlining the appointment dates per year.

With all of these already included do you still think they will ask for more information by way of an RQ?

Thanks

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
@Canadap

Sorry forgot to mention I successfully sponsored my son in February 2011i guess they would have my records with respect to that, will it help

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one can speculate what CIC officer will think when will start assess the application. In this form many has reported they did not submit additional documents and did not get RQ. I will also submit my application pretty soon and I have total 140 days travel in past 4 years to home country only, I will submit specially pages with exit/entry stamps and will indicate in the residence calculator passport page no# which has stamps on.

CIC will not ask any documents once the application is accepted and process starts. If some one has provided additional documents which mostly require with RQ such as Lease, T4, NOs, Medical, Passport pages with travel history then those may help CO to decide whether to ask further documents/issue a RQ. So a bit of luck is needed too..

However, as CIC is emphasizing on eliminating backlog by 2015/2016 and thus processing will be faster in 2014 applications. Also upon inclusion of work documents (T4/NOA) in the new form, it is anticipated that RQ may not be issued unless a application has real issues (red flagged file)..