+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Playing the US Green Card lottery while EE application in process

mnaira

Sep 22, 2016
Hi all,

I was thinking to apply for US Diversity Visa (Green Card lottery). However, I am worried it my harm my situation since I have submitted my application to CIC and it is currently being processed. I tried to find an answer online but there is no official guidance for this kind of situation.

Do you have any similar experience or recommendation?

Thanks

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Go for it, everything you're doing is completely legal and should have no repercussions on either process. Participating in the GC lottery doesn't even affect your chances of getting a different type of US visa. It's not like when you apply for the Green Card and show intent to immigrate that you could have issues requesting other US visas. But Canada has nothing to do with that.

Good luck!

mnaira

Sep 22, 2016
Go for it, everything you're doing is completely legal and should have no repercussions on either process. Participating in the GC lottery doesn't even affect your chances of getting a different type of US visa. It's not like when you apply for the Green Card and show intent to immigrate that you could have issues requesting other US visas. But Canada has nothing to do with that.

Good luck!
Thanks. God willing I'll play this week.