Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
I know that they do not grant TRV since they believe that we will not come back which makes sense. But I am planning to apply for a TRV anyways. If by any chance they grant it, lets say for a month, can we apply for an inland application? Of course my visa will be expired until process ends but after applying for immigration I can ask to extend my visa. So what happens if they reject? Probably I will come back to my home country and wait here but then how it will be an inland application?

I am confused a lot lately. I am almost sure that they wont aprove a TRV but I will give a try :) I am asking if they aprove what happens then?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Okay if at amy time they do grant you a TRV you can surely try to extend it by asking for a extentions BUT i would advise you have your application ready to go asap...this way you have a reason to apply for a extention ...and they can more than likey grat that ...

Have you filled outland ?? If so leave it that way and leave when ur visa is done ...generally outland is the faster approach to this IMM process anyways ...

Trv is hard to get alot of the time because of the intent to return and wat not ...So i adivse you try for the TRV if you get it go for a visit and come back ...If not dont sweat it generally NON visa exempt countries face this all the time and you would be no different then most family class applicant that try for TRV during the process and get refused ...Its the way the cookie crumbles my freind ...This happens all the time and is very very common ...Take a shot at it ...mabey you will mabey you wont

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
odethe said:
I know that they do not grant TRV since they believe that we will not come back which makes sense. But I am planning to apply for a TRV anyways. If by any chance they grant it, lets say for a month, can we apply for an inland application?
Yes, once you are in Canada you can apply inland.
Of course my visa will be expired until process ends but after applying for immigration I can ask to extend my visa. So what happens if they reject? Probably I will come back to my home country and wait here but then how it will be an inland application?
If you have to leave Canada and cannot get back in (and if they reject the extension, you leave, and go back to Turkey, they will not give you another TRV) the inland application is lost. However, once you are in Canada and have sent in your PR application (inland) it is very likely that they will approve an extension.

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
I think I will at least try for a TRV. Our papers are all ready to be sent but we are just waiting for this tax problem to be solved as I told earlier. If they grant me a visa, then we are going to apply inland. Well, I dont care if the inland process is going to be longer. I will be there with my husband anyways. And if they dont extend my visa when I am there, then what to do, I'll come back and wait for the normal outland process. I think it is worth to try.

Thanks friends, I will keep you updated if I get a TRV.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I'd be interested in the opinions of senior members on this issue.

Are you married now, odethe?

If so, and your husband is in Canada, you will have to say so on the TRV application. That will indeed raise concerns that you might not exit Canada before the TRV expires, especially if you state your intention to apply inland for PR.

If you don't mention your PR plans, and within a month of entering Canada you apply for PR, you might be suspected of misrepresentation in the TRV application, which could jeopardize your PR application.

Anyone have a way out of this box?

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
Yes I am married since April 2010. What I am going to say while applying for TRV is that I am going to see my husband which is not a misrepresentation. Lot of people say that you will not get a TRV cause they will assume that you wont come back. So, I am not going to lie on anything, I will just state that I will go and stay with my husband. And it is obvious that if they grant me a TRV I am going to apply for PR. Thats why they reject TRV applications after marriage. I dont get why it would jeopardize my PR application.

I think the only problem is to get that visa which they will probably wont give :)

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
First of all, if you are going to apply for a TRV then just stick to the relevant facts for that application and promise to adhere to the rules (and keep the promise if you ever want PR).

Second, if you get the TRV and come to visit your spouse you can reside here and apply outland. The major difference is that you will have to apply for visa extensions, but the big plus is that you will be able to travel in and out of Canada during the process.

We were going to apply inland (my wife and her daughter are here with me on a TRV now) but when we found out we could apply outland and still remain together we did it that way instead.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
toby said:
Are you married now, odethe?

If so, and your husband is in Canada, you will have to say so on the TRV application. That will indeed raise concerns that you might not exit Canada before the TRV expires, especially if you state your intention to apply inland for PR.

If you don't mention your PR plans, and within a month of entering Canada you apply for PR, you might be suspected of misrepresentation in the TRV application, which could jeopardize your PR application.
Worry about getting the TRV first. Don't say on the TRV application that you're thinking of doing an inland PR application. Just say you are going to visit your husband.
I wouldn't send in the PR app right after getting into Canada: I agree that might look suspicious. But if you wait more than a month and then send it in, I don't think it will look bad. If asked, you can always say you were not sure you wanted to apply until you had visited your husband and your new home in Canada first.

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
We applied for a TRV and were denied, they did not even check the reason(s) why in all the check boxes they denied it. Simply said they did not feel she would return to Russia. We included a lot of documentation showing she had reasons to return but denied. This really was bad news as when I go to spend time with my wife I have to take time off work and can only afford to go for 8-14 days. If she could come here she could stay a month easy and we could have much more quality time together.

I just returned from spending time with her on the Black Sea and in Moscow on the 8th. (Was in Moscow when all the smoke was there from the forest fires) With each visit the time of being apart feels even harder.