+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to apply for Msc in Chemistry..is it a wise decision??

Raskin

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife has done her Msc in chemistry in India and WES provided a equivalency of 1 year Graduate study for it.
We have a Express entry profile created with a measly 349 points. We do not have hope of being issued an ITA in
2016 as well. As i`m 38 and my wife 32,Do you think its a good idea to apply for a MSc in Saskatchewan, so that we can
move with our 8 year old kid and at the end of 4 years(2years study), we can apply for SINP ?
does SINP require us to show proof of funds again after the study ? We just have about 20000 CAN$ saved up, which will
be used for her Msc, so it will be very difficult to arrange the proof of funds again.

Thanks for your guidance!

Raskin

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any input guys? Is Saketchewan better or Ontario for Msc ?

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Raskin said:
My wife has done her Msc in chemistry in India and WES provided a equivalency of 1 year Graduate study for it.
We have a Express entry profile created with a measly 349 points. We do not have hope of being issued an ITA in
2016 as well. As i`m 38 and my wife 32,Do you think its a good idea to apply for a MSc in Saskatchewan, so that we can
move with our 8 year old kid and at the end of 4 years(2years study), we can apply for SINP ?
does SINP require us to show proof of funds again after the study ? We just have about 20000 CAN$ saved up, which will
be used for her Msc, so it will be very difficult to arrange the proof of funds again.

Thanks for your guidance!
Hi There

So the best way to score higher points in Express Entry is to get the highest marks in your IELTS. Don't invest money in Master's degree but invest in improving your score in IELTS.

You can check it out yourself - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

I put the highest marks in IELTS with your age and ended up getting 462 points. Trust me the only way to get higher points is IELTS. You can play with your marks in the link above and see how drastically it drops if you score less.

My best wishes to you and your family. :)