11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
hi mitz!

i remember you... ikaw yung silent follower dati. hehe! welcome back... naka join ka na ba sa fb group natin? :D

mitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jandox said:
hi mitz!

i remember you... ikaw yung silent follower dati. hehe! welcome back... naka join ka na ba sa fb group natin? :D
yap ako nga yun he he he! ala ako facebook acct. D2 na lng ako sa forum makikibalita. Hope to see you all guys in saskatchewan. :) :) :)

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Thanks Jandox. I will try to be positive. Wise decision to miss winter 2011. We will find out how much colder it is in SK than in Edmonton.

Mitz, as long as all the documents are in order, it is not a problem to get a student visa. Try applying at the school first, get IELTS academic and your sister is off. Just remember, CIC has to be satisfied that your sister will come back home after schooling in Canada. Since you will be in Canada, you can all support her needs.

Cnadian girlash, we have heard of good stories from health professionals in SK and they are doing great.

canadian girlash

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
NA
peachie said:
Thanks Jandox. I will try to be positive. Wise decision to miss winter 2011. We will find out how much colder it is in SK than in Edmonton.

Mitz, as long as all the documents are in order, it is not a problem to get a student visa. Try applying at the school first, get IELTS academic and your sister is off. Just remember, CIC has to be satisfied that your sister will come back home after schooling in Canada. Since you will be in Canada, you can all support her needs.

Cnadian girlash, we have heard of good stories from health professionals in SK and they are doing great.
thanks peachie.....

mitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peachie said:

Thanks peachie!!!

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
Hi
My husband and I would be landing in nov. 3 in canada. Our plan is to land first in manitoba to visit our friends and relatives there and then after 1 week move to saskatchewan. We'd like to apply for SIN in manitoba and apply for a health card in saskatoon since the latter is our first preference. Is this the right thing to do? apply for SIN in manitoba (since applying for a sin can be done anywhere in canada, right?) and then health card in saskatoon siince we want to live in saskatoon permanently. The problem is we dont have friends or relatives in saskatchewan. Do you know any pinoy who can help us in finding a place to stay/rent. We still would want to take the risk even though we dont know anyone there. Salamat po.

ellian25

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Makati City
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Nomination.....
30-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-07-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
my congratulations to canadian girlash for receiving the ppr! sana mareceive na rin namin ppr. musta n kaya si anajoreen?

canadian girlash

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
NA
ellian25 said:
my congratulations to canadian girlash for receiving the ppr! sana mareceive na rin namin ppr. musta n kaya si anajoreen?
thanks.

lapit na rin kayo... magkakasunod lang tayo...:) God bless.

sumi1982

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hello All,

Sorry but I could not understand even a single word :) ..

I hope you guys can help me ..I want to immigrate to Saskatchewan. Can you please tell me what is the scope of IT jobs there? Currently I am in Testing. I thought Regina would be a better option because it is a capital and capitals always have more jobs..One more question ..is it necessary to learn french to survive there?

Hoping for the reply :)

Thanks
Sumi

ellian25

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Makati City
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Nomination.....
30-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-07-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
sumi1982 said:
Hello All,

I hope you guys can help me ..I want to immigrate to Saskatchewan. Can you please tell me what is the scope of IT jobs there? Currently I am in Testing. I thought Regina would be a better option because it is a capital and capitals always have more jobs..One more question ..is it necessary to learn french to survive there?

Thanks
Sumi

hi sumi, as far as i know, if you're staying in sask learning french is not a need. french is only needed in quebec :)

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
ISM, IBM Canada's subsidiary has an office here... You can also check out saskjobs.ca for jobs in the IT field. Knowledge of French is not a requirement here in SK.

sumi1982 said:
Hello All,

Thanks
Sumi

sumi1982

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
hi sumi, as far as i know, if you're staying in sask learning french is not a need. french is only needed in quebec.
Thanks ellian for the info..do you have any idea about the IT industry in Regina..I am basically a performance tester having 4 years of experience...

while looking at the job portals I hardly found any jobs there...that's made so depressed..I have already applied...and if there's no job according to my professional..It would be hard for me to survive...

Please enlighten me...

Thanks Again :)
Sumi

kimwayne

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
psychnars said:
Hi
My husband and I would be landing in nov. 3 in canada. Our plan is to land first in manitoba to visit our friends and relatives there and then after 1 week move to saskatchewan. We'd like to apply for SIN in manitoba and apply for a health card in saskatoon since the latter is our first preference. Is this the right thing to do? apply for SIN in manitoba (since applying for a sin can be done anywhere in canada, right?) and then health card in saskatoon siince we want to live in saskatoon permanently. The problem is we dont have friends or relatives in saskatchewan. Do you know any pinoy who can help us in finding a place to stay/rent. We still would want to take the risk even though we dont know anyone there. Salamat po.
Hi Psychnars

Wow,may visa ka na pala and Congrats po!!!God bless and Advance happy trip.

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
TigerLilly said:
Hi Jan!!! Ikaw ba yung nagka-PPR? wow lapit na! congrats!!! Oo Jan,maganda ang Fall...it's my favorite time of the year...lalo na at iba-iba ang magiging colors ng trees....yellows,reds,yellow-orange...hayyss ang ganda kaso signal na rin yun na malapit na ang winter...brrrrrr :eek: :eek: :eek:

Winter officially starts Dec.20ish lol. Pero snow usually arrives early.Every year iba-iba...one time October pa lang nag-snow na....another year,it was November. I'm hoping after Halloween (oct 31) na lang,kawawa naman mga bata na mag-trick or treat eh ::) ::). Pinakamalamig na months are January or February.

God bless you and your family too...see u soon sa Saskatoon :D :D
In english please

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
To Psychenars,

Look for apartments in Lawson Heights, Silverwood Heights area - that is in the northern area. Rent is cheaper in the west but it's not a good area to live in. Contact Filipino-Canadian Association of Saskatchewan for settlement concerns. You yourself will have to search the internet for apartments to rent. As a start up, look for apartments only. Water, heating, parking stall are included in the price. Townhouses don't have utilities included in the rent.

Take care