App. Filed.......
0ctober 1, 2012
File Transfer...
November 5, 2012
Med's Done....
August 3, 2012
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
Kaya nga sis..that's the reason why I decided to quit on my job para makapagkasama kame ng hubby ko when they get home..para masulit ko na din mga araw ko with my mom..

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
September 16, 2013 - Toronto
In the Media - Mar 22, 2013

Cost of becoming Canadian citizen could double

Ottawa - As part of the federal budget tabled yesterday, fees for applying to become a Canadian citizen and the cost of obtaining temporary visas for students, workers and visitors will be "modernized" to cover more of the processing costs.

The intention of the government to have those who are applying for Canadian citizenship as well as companies who wish to hire temporary foreign workers cover more of the cost of processing those documents was announced in yesterday's budget.

According to statistics from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), at the end of September last year, there were 319,519 citizenship applications waiting to be processed. CIC only received enough funding from the government to process 160,000 of these applications. According to Alexis Pavlich, a spokeswoman for CIC Minister Jason Kenney, "The most significant problem with citizenship processing times is the fact that, while the actual cost of processing citizenship applications has increased, the fee has not been increased in almost 20 years."

Currently, the $200 fee to apply for citizenship covers about 20% of the processing cost. While it is not expected the fee will rise to cover the entire amount, the cost could double to $400.

Changes will also be implemented to charge higher fees for temporary visas for tourists, students and foreign workers. Last year, more than one million visitors visas were issued; a 40% increase from 2004. During that same time period, the issuance of student visas increased by 60%. Last year, 100,000 student visas were issued.

Major changes were announced in regards to temporary foreign workers. During the past five years there were more foreign workers in Canada (over 213,000) than permanent residents who were landed under the federal skilled worker program (160,000). In order to bring a foreign worker to Canada, an employer must convinced Human Resources and Skills Development that the employee is necessary and the job cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Human Resources and Skills Development currently spends $35.5 million to process these visas. Presently, neither the employer nor the worker is required to pay a portion of this expenditure. According to the budget document, "The government will also propose to introduce user fees for employers applying for temporary foreign workers through the labour market opinion process so that these costs are no longer absorbed by the taxpayer."

The government also indicated changes are being proposed to the temporary foreign worker program. A controversy erupted late last year when a B.C. mining company was authorized to bring in foreign workers because they could not find enough Mandarin-speaking workers in Canada. Critics claimed the requirement to speak Mandarin was set out simply to be able to hire cheaper workers from China. The government plans to eliminate the necessity to speak a language other than English or French as a job requirement.

The government says it will apply the revenues obtained from increased user fees towards reducing the backlog of Canadian citizenship and temporary visa applications.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/346242#ixzz2OIj4YCto

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
In The Media - March 21, 2013

Budget 2013: Cost of becoming a Canadian citizen likely to rise

OTTAWA -- The cost of coming to Canada -- and becoming a Canadian citizen -- is set to rise.

Thursday's federal budget suggests the government is eyeing fee hikes to cover the ballooning cost of processing hundreds of thousands of visa and citizenship applications each year.

The Conservative government is seeking to shift more of those costs onto the businesses who want to bring in temporary foreign workers, as well as to those applying for citizenship.

At the same time, it will be spending more money on both those programs to speed up processing times, with $42 million allocated for the temporary resident program and $44 million for citizenship over two years.

A backlog in processing citizenship applications, as well as a shortage of citizenship judges and new counter-fraud measures, have created lengthy delays of months or years for people to receive their coveted Canadian status.

"For many newcomers, becoming a Canadian citizen is a significant step, creating a stronger bond to the economic and social fabric of Canada," the budget document says.

As of Sept. 30, 2012, there were 319,517 applications for citizenship waiting to be processed, according to recent statistics from the Citizenship and Immigration Department.

But the department had previously received only enough funding to process about 160,000 applications a year. Those applying for citizenship currently pay about $200, which is only about 20 per cent of the cost to process the application.

"The most significant problem with citizenship processing times is the fact that, while the actual cost of processing citizenship applications has increased, the fee has not been increased in almost 20 years," said Alexis Pavlich, a spokeswoman for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.

Meanwhile, Human Resources and Skills Development is spending about $35.5 million a year to process applications from employers to bring in temporary foreign workers, and currently no fee is charged either to the company or the worker, the department said in a recent briefing.

"The government will also propose to introduce user fees for employers applying for temporary foreign workers through the labour market opinion process so that these costs are no longer absorbed by taxpayers," a budget document says.

The temporary foreign worker program has been growing faster than the permanent economic residency stream for the last five years.

In 2012, there were more than 213,000 foreign workers in Canada, compared with over 160,000 immigrants who arrived under the federal skilled worker program.

The rapid growth of the program has raised concerns that Canadian companies are filling job vacancies with cheaper workers from overseas rather than actively finding Canadians to fill the jobs.

Much of the focus of the budget is on reversing that trend, with millions being allocated for training and job creation programs.

At the same time, the government is continuing to overhaul the temporary foreign worker program.

The changes were prompted in part by a continuing controversy in B.C. surrounding a mining firm allowed to bring in foreign labour after insisting that a requirement to speak Mandarin meant it couldn't find Canadians to fill their jobs.

The budget says that's no longer going to be an excuse, proposing an amendment to current regulations that "restrict the identification of non-official languages as job requirements when hiring through the temporary foreign worker process."

The budget also says employers will have to advertise longer and farther to find Canadians to fill jobs before looking overseas.

The $42 million for the temporary resident program will also be spent on processing more visas for students and tourists.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/budget-2013-cost-of-becoming-a-canadian-citizen-likely-to-rise-1.1205711#ixzz2OIlEiymf

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Hello everyone!!!!! after 2 years and over 50,000 dollars my wife and I have decided to call it off....the days just get longer every day... and ppr,s are getting to much..... born and raised Canadian... I don,t even know if our application is there....the CEM.... my wife is now a stranger to me....and both of us our in our early 50,s.....with no children.....it started at 7 months when we decided to marry now 12 months for a PPR...and paper work expires... do all over again... and more money!!!!and waiting... we are at 160 days from SA...but it looks like another 4 months... for a PPR.....I,m glad to see you are all waiting but I,m to old to sit at home and have my gov,t decide who I can sleep with..... and assume my application is in Manila....next the time change will be over 12 months.....hey all new meds again.... I,m just going to Toronto and have my asian lady!!!!!! 25 mins away... hey !!! at least I can see my lady!!!!!Enjoy waiting... it sucks and still can,t have your lady beside you..... what a life... OH !!! one thing.... 20 million tax returns done in 3 months... and 1 mistake.... audit.... 2 years... as a Canadian bring your wife here immpossible.....

xei

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Wow E.Perez you are such a big HELP! atleast naliwanagan ako... About sa medical pupunta lang ba sya sa St. Lukes tapos dadalhin nya yung Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017) sa doctor para papirmahan? How much medical? Need ba appointment or walk-in lang? Ano sasabihin sa st. lukes? papa medical for spousal sponsorship? senxa na ha medyo ngarag na kasi gusto ko na talaga mapasok papers ni hubby hinihintay ko nalang filinf of income tax ko... :)

computerangel

Aug 30, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCtober 10, 2012
AOR Received.
November 14,2012
File Transfer...
Nov.26,2012
Med's Done....
sept. 14,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2013
VISA ISSUED...
july 02, 2013
LANDED..........
july 17, 2013
:)
gortandmugs said:
Hello everyone!!!!! after 2 years and over 50,000 dollars my wife and I have decided to call it off....the days just get longer every day... and ppr,s are getting to much..... born and raised Canadian... I don,t even know if our application is there....the CEM.... my wife is now a stranger to me....and both of us our in our early 50,s.....with no children.....it started at 7 months when we decided to marry now 12 months for a PPR...and paper work expires... do all over again... and more money!!!!and waiting... we are at 160 days from SA...but it looks like another 4 months... for a PPR.....I,m glad to see you are all waiting but I,m to old to sit at home and have my gov,t decide who I can sleep with..... and assume my application is in Manila....next the time change will be over 12 months.....hey all new meds again.... I,m just going to Toronto and have my asian lady!!!!!! 25 mins away... hey !!! at least I can see my lady!!!!!Enjoy waiting... it sucks and still can,t have your lady beside you..... what a life... OH !!! one thing.... 20 million tax returns done in 3 months... and 1 mistake.... audit.... 2 years... as a Canadian bring your wife here immpossible.....
Your such a grumpy lol.. Patience..

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
xei said:
Wow E.Perez you are such a big HELP! atleast naliwanagan ako... About sa medical pupunta lang ba sya sa St. Lukes tapos dadalhin nya yung Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017) sa doctor para papirmahan? How much medical? Need ba appointment or walk-in lang? Ano sasabihin sa st. lukes? papa medical for spousal sponsorship? senxa na ha medyo ngarag na kasi gusto ko na talaga mapasok papers ni hubby hinihintay ko nalang filinf of income tax ko... :)
YW xei, kung na download mo na lahat ng forms at nabasa nyo na ang lahat ng guide, mag start na kayong mag fill-up tapos yung asawa mo magpa medical na. Pwedeng mag walk-in sa St. Lukes Medical Center Clinic; Sabihin nyo lang na Medical Examination for Canada Visa Applicant alam na nila yun. After ng Medical, ibabalik sayo yung completed Form 1017, yun ang isasama mo sa application nyo. Then yung results, sila na magdadala sa Canada Embassy-Manila. Ang magandang gawin nyo check nyo isa isa sa Document Checklist [IMM 5491], para wala kayong ma miss na documents, dahil may warning sa taas ng IMM 5491, "If you do not enclose all the required forms and documents, your entire application will be returned to you". Check nyo rin yung mga small details instructions, kapag blank "N/A" or "none" ang ilalagay. Sa Sponsorships "N/A", sa Sponsored Person naman "none", mas maganda check nyo na lang instruction mabuti...

ST. LUKE'S MEDICAL CENTER EXTENSION CLINIC
1177 J. Bocobo St. Ermita, Manila 1000 PHILIPPINES
slec @ slec.ph

For Canada Visa Applicants check mo itong website nila http://www.slec.ph/canada-visa-applicants.shtml

* Opening Hours
* Required Documents
* Required Medical Examinations
* Medical Fees (15 y/o and up = Php 5,250.00)
* Working Flowchart

St. Lukes is not the only Canadian Designated Medical Practitioners for Philippines, here's the link list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2009&CountryName=Philippines

Check mo na rin itong website ng Canada Embassy-Manila about Medicam Exams: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/medical-medicaux.aspx?view=d

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
computerangel said:
:)
Your such a grumpy lol.. Patience..
Nevermind that one... it's only a BOT, programmed to copy and paste the same few posts over and over again . . . it's been "decided to call it off" before too . . .

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
truesmile said:
Nevermind that one... it's only a BOT, programmed to copy and paste the same few posts over and over again . . . it's been "decided to call it off" before too . . .
Hi truesmile, that's true... hehehe, Nevermind those negative comments. Be positive guys!!! Congratulations! base on your profile, you have completed your sponsorship!

xei

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
SALAMAT!!! yung appenix c form ba na applicant's copy ibibigay din right after ng medical exam?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
E.Perez said:
Hi truesmile, that's true... hehehe, Nevermind those negative comments. Be positive guys!!! Congratulations! base on your profile, you have completed your sponsorship!
Yap, thanks! And in another 1095 days (or less) we'll start again . . . . "Citizenship" next time . . . :D Even at $400, it's STILL worth it.

E.Perez

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 13, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 5, 2013
LANDED..........
truesmile said:
Yap, thanks! And in another 1095 days (or less) we'll start again . . . . "Citizenship" next time . . . :D Even at $400, it's STILL worth it.
There you go, that's the true spirit of Filipinos, "Don't Stop Believin'" sabi nga ni Arnel Pineda! Link for online Canadian Citizenship Practice Test (144 Items): http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm.

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Kelan kaya magsisimula mabigyan ng PPR ang mga OCTOBER batch :(

SchzyLe

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0ctober 1, 2012
File Transfer...
November 5, 2012
Med's Done....
August 3, 2012
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
Agad agad markym..hehehe...good morning.

Jem28

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Hoping for more good news this week & for the coming weeks.. Goodluck my fellow October applicants.. Konti na lang & we're getting there... God Bless everyone.. ☺☺☺

Destination: Montreal, Quebec
Application Sent: October 23, 2012
Sponsor Approval: November 20, 2012