+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Picture taken from mobile phone, unable to submit application because backside of photo not uploaded.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hi @PMM @dpenabill
Need your help with PR Renewal application submitting through PR online portal. Application is ready for submission, but I'm stuck at photo section.
It says I can take photo from my mobile phone for myself; while uploading picture it ask if this photo is taken by professional photographer or scanned photo, which any does not align with their statement when they gives you option that you can use your mobile phone to upload photo, any how my main question is I cannot submit my application because back side of photo is not uploaded. What to do in this situation?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi @PMM @dpenabill
Need your help with PR Renewal application submitting through PR online portal. Application is ready for submission, but I'm stuck at photo section.
It says I can take photo from my mobile phone for myself; while uploading picture it ask if this photo is taken by professional photographer or scanned photo, which any does not align with their statement when they gives you option that you can use your mobile phone to upload photo, any how my main question is I cannot submit my application because back side of photo is not uploaded. What to do in this situation?
In general I am NOT up to date with details in the technical aspects of completing and submitting applications.

HOWEVER . . .

As of weekend of June 18/19 2022:

CAUTION: IRCC has just implemented NEW forms,
and has done so prematurely, apparently, as the instructions and guide are woefully incomplete and inconsistent with the new forms. It does not appear that IRCC is ready to fully implement the new forms. If feasible, if practical, the prudent PR should seriously consider waiting a little while longer before proceeding with a PR card application, waiting for IRCC to resolve things.

That said: For many elements in the application and process, things are simple, and for many PRs their situation is simple, so some PRs may be comfortable proceeding without waiting. But for those running into issues or problems, BEST to WAIT at least a few more days.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It says I can take photo from my mobile phone for myself; while uploading picture it ask if this photo is taken by professional photographer or scanned photo, which any does not align with their statement when they gives you option that you can use your mobile phone to upload photo,
Not familiar with the online application, can you give a link and the precise language it says about the photograph?

Because my guess is that it is saying you can upload a photo taken according to the specs with your phone (i.e. use your phone to take a copy of that photo), but not that you can 'take a photo from mobile phone yourself' (i.e. they may not accept just a photo that you have taken with the phone).

I'm not sure, of course, just that your description above wasn't clear to me and I haven't seen the original.

I'd also note @dpenabill's warning: if you're not clear, and it matters to you, may be better to wait until others have figured out the details.

Last edited:

Krish768

Jun 20, 2022
I just faced the same issue today. I had a soft copy of professionally taken picture but obviously not the back side. I just wrote the required details on back of the pic and uploaded it which, it took

Reactions: armoured