+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

physiotherapist from india needs clarification about credential assessment

sjckpt

Aug 27, 2012
Hi,
CIC has announced 4 organizations for credential assessment.. one organization is only for Physicians..

In other 3 organizations, which is for Physiotherapists?

or else any of three organizations can we apply?

becoz one organization will tak 3 months for assessment (ICAS), one will take 7 business days (WES), no idea about CES comparative education service//

i m confused which to apply.. when we apply any of them and if cic didnt accept.. then i ll end up n problem..

Please help me..

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I assume yours should be under physicians category.

sjckpt said:
Hi,
CIC has announced 4 organizations for credential assessment.. one organization is only for Physicians..

becoz one organization will tak 3 months for assessment (ICAS), one will take 7 business days (WES), no idea about CES comparative education service//

i m confused which to apply.. when we apply any of them and if cic didnt accept.. then i ll end up n problem..

Please help me..

Anu 81

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
NOC Code......
0311/3142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
23rd-Jun-10
AOR Received.
1st AOR:23-Apr-10
IELTS Request
21st Aug-10
File Transfer...
30th-Jun-10
Med's Request
8th Nov 2012
Med's Done....
29th Nov 2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 9/4/2013 , Visa issued on 4/4/2013, Received on 13/4/2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
sjckpt said:
Hi,

Please help me..
Hi sjckpt,
I am also a physiotherapist from India. For immigration purpose you may apply to ICAS or WES. I prefer WES which is easy and takes less time.But for licensing purpose you must get clearance from alliance pt. Please refer the link (http://alliancept.org/). A credential report from any of these agencies will reduce your over all credential evaluation time by alliance pt, because alliance pt will only look in to the language proficiency and other requirements. These information's are available in alliance pt FAQ's section.I hope this may help you to take up an immediate decision .

mdalinaqvi

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Anu,

I have a similar query. would be grateful if you can assist here please.

My Wife is a Physio (Noc 3142) and we will be going ahead with the FSWP application shortly. This new rule on credentialing has thrown a spanner in our works. She has pursued her B.pt from Manipal and M.Pt from Hyderabad. under these new rules will she need to get in touch with registrars of each universities to get her credentialing done? i believe all her degrees are attested by the registrar of the respective universities, however will she still need to approach each university for this. What needs to be submitted to WES i guess are attested photocopies of all her transcripts and degree certificates.

Since you hail from the same field and i guess you have been through this exercise before, any guidance here is most appreciated.

Regards,
Ali

Anu 81

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
NOC Code......
0311/3142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
23rd-Jun-10
AOR Received.
1st AOR:23-Apr-10
IELTS Request
21st Aug-10
File Transfer...
30th-Jun-10
Med's Request
8th Nov 2012
Med's Done....
29th Nov 2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 9/4/2013 , Visa issued on 4/4/2013, Received on 13/4/2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
mdalinaqvi said:
Hi Anu,

I have a similar query. would be grateful if you can assist here please.

My Wife is a Physio (Noc 3142) and we will be going ahead with the FSWP application shortly. This new rule on credentialing has thrown a spanner in our works. She has pursued her B.pt from Manipal and M.Pt from Hyderabad. under these new rules will she need to get in touch with registrars of each universities to get her credentialing done? i believe all her degrees are attested by the registrar of the respective universities, however will she still need to approach each university for this. What needs to be submitted to WES i guess are attested photocopies of all her transcripts and degree certificates.

Since you hail from the same field and i guess you have been through this exercise before, any guidance here is most appreciated.

Regards,
Ali
Hi mdalinaqvi,
Since we are from India, the respective colleges won't be eligible to certify the photocopies of academic certificate and other credentials. Even if they do it, will be rejected. Therefore, she needs to take photocopies of all her academic credential from the respective Universities and the get it attested and sent those documents directly from the concerned University. Once received by WES you will be able to see the update.Hope this helps you.

mdalinaqvi

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Anu,

Many thanks for your reply. i remain indebted :)

The only thing which worries me is the fact that since the application process opens 4th May, and since my wife needs to get the attestations from Manipal for her BPT and Vijaywada for her M.Pt, we won't have sufficient time to get the application in, on or around 4th May.
Since you have successfully been through this experience, couple of things if i may ask you please.

1. The 300 cap for physiotherapy this year, do you think that will be exhausted very soon, judging from past applications, is this something which is exhausted early?
2. does my wife need to go for credentialing from Alliance CEPT again after this WES credentialing is done.
3. also if you have already registered for PCE exam?

any inputs here are most appreciated. Thanks for taking time out and helping us out.

Regards,
Ali

mdalinaqvi

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Anu,

you have been a great source of authentic and genuine help. if you wouldn't mind helping me out with your email address please.

Regards,
Ali

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
The new rule is quite interesting if not confusing. What will now happen to people who had already completed the Alliance credentialing and are eligible for the exam? Would they have to do another academic evaluation for Immigration purpose? Surely, if the main reason for the CIC education evaluation is too ascertain applicants readiness for licensing in Canada. it makes no sense to ask those who have been deemed eligible by the Alliance to go and do another credential evaluation...................... ::)

9j