+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo for eapr: back details

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just write it yourself. You don't need to get it signed or stamped if they won't do it - bring it home and do it yourself. The requirement is there to keep your picture from getting lost.
I am not at all trusting that supposed reason for writing names, etc (i.e. for the photos not to get lost and IRCC being able to match the photos with the applications if they do get lost). If that was the reason, why would IRCC need the studio to put a stamp on it? If it was the mere self-declared identity that needed to be written down, then the studio stamp is moot. It just does not make sense.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp

There's no absolute requirement for a stamp. I wrote it myself at the photog's studio (my handwriting was neater than the photographers).

Stick-on labels are unacceptable as they can come off in transit. Now, if you are really stressed about this, you can try calling around and finding a photographer who will be willing to stamp it..

Last edited:

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp

There's no absolute requirement for a stamp. I wrote it myself at the photog's studio (my handwriting was neater than the photographers).

Stick-on labels are unacceptable cause they can come off. Now, if you are really stressed about this, you can try calling around and finding a photographer who will be willing to stamp it..

the crucial point is not about the stamp, it is about the photographer is the one who needs to provide the info requested by cic. Yes i did go around studios and all said they cannot. Freaking lazy bastards.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
the crucial point is not about the stamp, it is about the photographer is the one who needs to provide the info requested by cic. Yes i did go around studios and all said they cannot. Freaking lazy bastards.
I think you may be overthinking this. If CIC explicitly allows it to be handwritten, how on earth will they be able to tell whether you wrote it or the photographer did?

In any case, at the end of the day, you need to be satisfied with your application. If you're so firmly convinced that you need the photographer to write it down, your only option appears to be to find one who will do it. I wish you good luck.

Reactions: kashifsami

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The details on the backside of the photo is required only after you receive PPR.

For submission post ITA, you just need to upload the digital photo which you receive from the photo studio.

I have received PPR and find myself in the same dilemma I was in 3 months ago

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I read my PPR again and it seems CIC have settled that issue with no longer requiring name, dob, etc

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Stamp of studio is fine. We got the studio to stamp name and location and we entered all the remaining details.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
This question keep coming after short intervals. There is no need to overthink about this issue.

The confirmed news and successful candidates experience confirms that

1) For e-APR only Digital Photo is required without anything written on Back of the photo.

2) Later on Studio just need to stamp and rest of the details can be added by yourself. Search for good quality studios near your location who deals with photos for visa purpose.

3) If stamp is not available ask them to manually write Studio Name and address along with sign, and this will work. This is however rare that no studio is providing such common details.

I have seen rejection on past due to photo not meeting specification however none was due to stamp issue.

So in conclusion get photo according to requirement and choose a reputable studio that is able to fulfil your demands. If you can't find any leave your location in this forum and someone will help you out.

Good Luck!

Reactions: abhishek_89

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
This question keep coming after short intervals. There is no need to overthink about this issue.

The confirmed news and successful candidates experience confirms that

1) For e-APR only Digital Photo is required without anything written on Back of the photo.

2) Later on Studio just need to stamp and rest of the details can be added by yourself. Search for good quality studios near your location who deals with photos for visa purpose.

3) If stamp is not available ask them to manually write Studio Name and address along with sign, and this will work. This is however rare that no studio is providing such common details.

I have seen rejection on past due to photo not meeting specification however none was due to stamp issue.

So in conclusion get photo according to requirement and choose a reputable studio that is able to fulfil your demands. If you can't find any leave your location in this forum and someone will help you out.

Good Luck!
I would say the signature on #3 isn't required as most studios won't accept signing your photos. All they require is when the photo was taken - which is something you should not lie about (just like anything else really).

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
You just need to write the photographer's address, name and date the photos were taken. That's it. I know you are supposed to write your name and d.o.b as well, but I forgot and still got my passport back with the immigrant visa.

You can write it yourself if the photographer is not willing to write it for you or doesn't have a stamp.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am not at all trusting that supposed reason for writing names, etc (i.e. for the photos not to get lost and IRCC being able to match the photos with the applications if they do get lost). If that was the reason, why would IRCC need the studio to put a stamp on it? If it was the mere self-declared identity that needed to be written down, then the studio stamp is moot. It just does not make sense.
Those are Canadian Rules, even for Canadians must need dated studio stamp to get Canadian Passport