+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo bearing date of photo taken at the back

pglee

Nov 12, 2010
I have waited for more than 8 weeks for my PR card to no avail.
Just yesterday, I received a letter from CIC that I need to re-submit 2 photos. One of the requirements is to have the date of photo taken printed at the back.

I asked around a few photo shops here in Singapore but seems they do not have machines to do that...

anyone with advise on how to do this?

With waiting time of 3 years to get this PR, of course my photo sent initially is obsoleted... they should have just request for photo at the first landing!

*sigh*

xei

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
all you have to do is put the name when the photo was taken--hand printed... In my case including the name and birthday.. that's all you need to do.. no special printing needed.. just your own penmanship

pglee

Nov 12, 2010
The letter from CIC indicated that I need to go in person to re-submit the photos but it also added below:

"Should you prefer instead to send 2 photos to the above address, please ensure the photographs meet the required specifications, as outlined in the attached sheet AND copies of your required IDs are included.

PLEASE NOTE: Failure to present yourself to our office before May 2011 will result in the closing of your PR card application."

Does anyone know if above implies I can send via normal mail (registered mail) to the CIC (in Ottawa in this case)?? It is not clear to me if it simply meant I need not take the photo at their premises BUT still need to go in person.

I have tried calling 1-888-242-2100 but no answer (not even sure if the number is valid!!)

*sigh and super lost*

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi.
My friend also got a letter from local CIC office that the photos do not meet the requirements for PR cards. The officer at the port of entry did not mention anything upon landing though. They have asked them to attend an appointment bringing photos and passports. The family are not presently in Canada though so they clearly cannot attend. Would it be possible for them to ask a representative to submit the photos? how did you do this?