Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
Hello

They have announced a new PhD stream which I am very interested in.Does anyone have complete details what is this procedure and who is eligible to apply?

Thanks

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
It's only for International students enrolled in a PhD program at a provincially or territorially recognized private or public post-secondary educational institution in Canada who:

• have completed at least two years of study towards a PhD
    are in good academic standing at the time they apply
    are not recipients of an award requiring them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills,
OR

International students who graduated from a PhD program at a provincially or territorially recognized private or public post-secondary educational institution in Canada who:

g
  • raduated no more than 12 months before the date their application is received
    did not receive an award which required them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills (or did, but have satisfied the terms of the award).

You can get details from:

www . cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
Hi there,

I have a question regarding my application for PhD stream. I sent my documents on late January and they have deducted money from my banking account on Feb 21st. Today when I'm checking my bank account again I see that they have credited my account again. Why is that happening? Is there any idea about why did they do it?

thanks

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
Hi there,

I have a question regarding my application for PhD stream. I sent my documents on late January and they have deducted money from my banking account on Feb 21st. Today when I'm checking my bank account again I see that they have credited my account again. Why is that happening? Is there any idea about why did they do it?

thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hadikhan64 said:
Hi there,

thanks
They probably returned you money instead of deducting it. There may be something wrong with your application. Join us in the PhD Thread.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Can you check if they returned the money to you? Many people had their application returned.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hadikhan64 said:
Yes, they credited my account 4 days after deducting it :(
So you will get your application back in a few weeks with a letter explaining why. People in the same situation
had problems with their letter of attestation or lack of work experience.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.360.html

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
They returned my docs on late January since it was not complete. At that time I completed the application as they wanted and resent it to Sydney. After a month they debited my bank account and again after 4 days credited it. So I don't think they even processed my application yet.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
If they returned you application fee your application was probably considered incomplete again. What was the reason for it to be returned in the first time?

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
The first time they did not even deduct money from my account and returned it. Deducting money is the last thing they do after reviewing docs. So, I don't think it was incomplete again. Last time in my enrollment letter there was not such a sentence stating that i am in a good academic standing based on UBC standards (stupid reason for rejecting the first application!). Btw, how can i join the thread?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Just go there and explain your case. But dude, an application can be returned/rejected at any moment. MANY other people had the same issue with the letter of attestation. You are not the first one.

msalam

Apr 25, 2013
Hi,
I am planning to apply for the PR in the PhD stream. Right now, I am in the masters program for almost one and half year and planning to transfer from master to PhD soon. My question is whether I will be elligible to to apply in the PhD stream after transferring to PhD program. Clearly speaking, after 2 years, I will be in PhD program and whether this two years (starting as a master and then in PhD) will be considered for the PhD stream or not. I would be grateful for your info. Thanks

spacewave4

Nov 25, 2013
hello, i have the same situation of the last post!

please could you help me in that?

I am planning to apply for the PR in the PhD stream. Right now, I am in the masters program for almost one and half year and planning to transfer from master to PhD soon. My question is whether I will be elligible to to apply in the PhD stream after transferring to PhD program. Clearly speaking, after 2 years, I will be in PhD program and whether this two years (starting as a master and then in PhD) will be considered for the PhD stream or not. I would be grateful for your info. Thanks