+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phd Genetics in skilled worker 38 profession list?

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
I would suggest only adding the years that it would take a full time person to do it (i.e., probably 2 years). What do the senior's think?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
elserwy said:
i have a master's degree but i did NOT have to study full time for my master. i had first year as courses with credit hours and affter i passed this year i had to prepare a thesis. the period of the thesis is not defined you may finish in 1 year of max 5-6 years. during these years you follow up with your supervisor and you don't have to attend classes. it is about how you manage it with your supervisor.

the question is, do i add these years, 6 years, to my university formal education years to (5 undergraduate+6 postgraduate) ?
and if i have to, Shall i add 6 years (considering that it was not full time) or how to calculat it ?
It depends - what was your registration status during the thesis period? In the US, you can register for thesis/dissertation hours only and still be classified as full-time. If you were classified as full-time, count it as full-time; if half-time... If you were also working as an RA/TA at the same time, you were probably full-time. If you had a full-time job off campus at the same time, it becomes trickier... probably would put it as half-time...

elserwy

Jun 10, 2010
jes_ON said:
It depends - what was your registration status during the thesis period? In the US, you can register for thesis/dissertation hours only and still be classified as full-time. If you were classified as full-time, count it as full-time; if half-time... If you were also working as an RA/TA at the same time, you were probably full-time. If you had a full-time job off campus at the same time, it becomes trickier... probably would put it as half-time...
many thanks to all replies, it was realy helpfull