+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy Evolution Examination, A Very Very Difficult Exam by PEBC.

jon delinger

Jun 14, 2013
Muresan said:
Hey all, I'm the guy who bumped this topic earlier to try and calm everyone down.

To further relax your nerves, I have recently found out I passed the evaluating exam, so passing this exam is possible :)

I will admit, it was harder than I thought and that's why it took me two attempts, however it is possible to pass on your first try.

I cannot give any specifics about the exam as you are not allowed to talk about it, but I can give some general tips.

If you're a genius you can probably get away with studying 2 weeks, but I recommend 1.5 - 2 months of studying.

-Know Misbah very well, memorize as much as you can
-Don't worry about brand names (PEBC tells you they will always give generic names)
-Memorizing all interactions and adverse drug reactions is either impossible or will take too long.. just know the most common/important ones. Don't ignore this section entirely, but don't memorize every last one, unless you have a lot of time
-Personally I did not bother learning ANY structures, I think it is a waste of time you could use studying other things
-I only learnt the most common things about microbiology and antimicrobials (there's just too much to memorize, and effort elsewhere may be more effective)
-Know your calculations... this is the easiest way to guarantee yourself a lot of marks on the test. Learn what each formula on the formula sheet means and how to use it, they are ALL useful. Practice math questions and know the math back and forth
-Personally I did not read CPR, but apparently the first 20 chapters has helped people
-Google things that confuse you, or are hard to memorize, researching will help you remember it
-I found misbah only gives half explanations to a lot of things, if something on there seems incomplete, google/research to get the full story

I hope you find this advice useful. Good luck to everyone.
very helpful advices
i would like to know specificly from what did you study

Reactions: ThenmozhiGv

jneutron

Apr 13, 2015
[size=10pt]Hey guys, I just found this post and reading through, I've seen where the information presented could aid in my preparation for the exam. Anyone here sitting the exam and wanna share strategies or be my study buddy can drop me a line ;D[/size]

qasim786

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Karachi
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/07/2014
Nomination.....
04/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
15/4/2015
Med's Done....
28/4/2015
Interview........
Waived (Third line updated on 15th May 2015)
Passport Req..
04th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
......In Sha Allah all on 23/10/2015

MURGESH

May 7, 2015
STUDY MATERIAL FOR PEBC EXAM

hello sir , can u please provide me study material or any link for pebc exam . my email id is murgeshraj@rediffmail.com. Also i need ur guidance to write pebc exam , hope u will help me thanks . waiting for your reply .

murgesh

Shangem

Jun 2, 2015
Hi all.... I'm new to this forum. I am planning to appear for Evaluating exams in January 2016. The syllabus is so vast and it makes me panic at the thought of writing this exam. I would really appreciate if anybody would provide me with productive ideas and tactics to tackle the exam. Also the books required for preparation. Planning to start studying by July. I haven't been quite close to books and exams for a while now....( have got a toddler and a newborn).... so wondering if 6 months is enough for the preparation. Please help me... :(

oshkash

Sep 18, 2012
Hi I'm also need to write down my exam in January 2016. I didn't start studying yet. So as you mentioned, I need to know if it's enough or not to be prepared. And the material. Any help please guys.

MowSow

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2121+3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
PER 01-06-2011
IELTS Request
SENT W/APP
File Transfer...
RBVO 20-06-2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
DONE
LANDED..........
FEBRUARY 2015
Anyone else taking the Evaluating Exam in TORONTO July 7-8 2015 .. it's in 2 weeks !!
Who wants to do final review together !??
I am in Mississauga.
Moe

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Fewer nursing students are passing the new national licensing exam
VANCOUVER — The Globe and Mail

Nursing educators are raising concerns over a new national licensing exam, saying the percentage of students passing the test is lower than under a previous regime and that some students have encountered questions that reflect the American – not Canadian – health-care system.

The shift to the new exam was announced in 2012. As of January, graduates in every province and territory except for Quebec and Yukon have had to write the National Council Licensure Examination, or NCLEX, to be licensed in their home provinces.

Previously, nursing graduates took a paper-based exam, which was administered by the Canadian Nurses Association three times a year. NCLEX is a computer-adaptive test that can be taken throughout the year. The exam adapts to a test-taker’s ability, using an algorithm to choose the type and number of questions based on how the student is doing on the exam.

The first round of exam results are now in – and they are a cause for worry, according to some.

The national pass rate, at 70.6 per cent, was more than 10 percentage points below the pass rate “for the last number of years” under the previous regime, the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing said Wednesday in a statement.

The pass rate for Canadians was also lower than the 78.3-per-cent pass rate for Americans.

Those results confirmed the worries of Dianne Tapp, dean of the faculty of nursing at the University of Calgary. “There were questions on the exams ... that were not appropriate for Canadian nursing,” she said.

Asked for specifics, Dr. Tapp said students told her they encountered questions that referred to Obamacare – the nickname for the health-care reform law in the U.S. – and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Provincial regulatory groups and the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators, an umbrella group formed in 2011, have tried to counter concerns that NCLEX is “an American test.”

In a question-and-answer document on its website, the council said those taking the exam would not be asked questions about the American health-care system or see other American content on the exam.

That contradicts feedback Dr. Tapp says she has received, including from one student who said she was asked to describe the side effects of a drug approved by the U.S. FDA.

A spokesperson for the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

The new exam was supposed to be adapted to Canadian requirements, but instead Canadian schools are having to prepare their students to pass an American exam, Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing president Kirsten Woodend said in a statement, adding that “the tail is wagging the dog.”

Others took a more nuanced view, acknowledging concerns about the test while saying any change involves an adjustment period.

“The questions may be worded a little bit differently, but the purpose of the exam is the same,” said Maura MacPhee, associate director at the University of British Columbia’s school of nursing.

“As educators, our mandate to the public is to produce students who are competent and safe at entry level of practice. So regardless of what the exam is, we are all working toward the same goal,” Dr. MacPhee said.

At UBC, the pass rate for the 44 students who have taken the exam to date is 97.7 per cent – about the same as under the previous regime, she said, adding that it will take time to determine trends resulting from the new exam.

At the University of Saskatchewan, preliminary results showed an average pass rate of 79 per cent.

Lorna Butler, dean of nursing at the University of Saskatchewan, said those results were promising, but that, like many stakeholders, she would like to see some changes in the process, including more Canadian registered nurses involved in writing questions for the exam.

Dr. Tapp of the University of Calgary said she hoped the test results would spur regulators to re-evaluate the exam – without shaking public confidence in nurses.

“We have every confidence that Canadian nursing graduates are just as competent as they were last year,” she said. “We evaluate our students constantly, with a lot of different methods; we don’t want to undermine confidence in our nurses.

“We know that the only thing that’s really changed is the examination.”

From above article it is clear that Nursing Professional are objecting on the result of 78%, so what about passing result of 15% in Pharmacy Evaluating Exam.

Reactions: Adam261

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
13-05-15
Med's Done....
22-05-15
Interview........
None,Probably Waived
Passport Req..
DM 26-08-2015 PPR Eagerly Waiting
This seems to be very helping forum, iam new to it and new to Canada as well, landing end sept 15 at vancouver, can some one suggest how to begin for the test procedure , although i have made my mind to try my luck twice

neelzar

Jan 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

This message is for International Pharmacists that have written and successfully passed the PEBC evaluating examinations(EE).

If you have any Misbah books that you would like to sell (for EE preparation only), (especially those that contain practice questions) and any other study materials,
OR

If you want to loan them out for a fee for an agreed period of time,

Please send an e-mail to neelzar@gmail.com stating the name of the book, your location, and the price you are willing to sell/loan.

Thanks.

Neelzar

n_142007

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I am planing to take the evaluation exams please can anybody send the soft copy of materials to my mailbox N_142007@YAHOO.COM

Thanks

RANIA 2015

Dec 17, 2015
helloo :) i'm new in the forum ...i intend sitting to exam in July 2016 i'm international pharmacist graduate i need someone to study together i live in Toronto..plzzz if there is any materials helping in passing this exam send it to me in rose.elawad@gmail.com thaaanx

Nmuj

Jan 19, 2016
Hello everyone! :)

I live in toronto and planning to take the EE in July. I'm planning to start studying next month. I have no materials yet but will have everything sorted out by the end of this month. Anyone wants to 'exchange ideas' on how to go about things or interested in a tiny study group "3 or 4 people" it could also be about encouragement you know..to encourage each other on studying hard and procrastinate a little bit less. ;D

If you're interested please email me at namarigy@gmail.com

May pharma

Mar 6, 2016
Hi All,

I found all your posts really useful, i am planning to sit the exam this July, i will start studying next month, i hope it would be enough study time to pass the exam.
I see many of you mentioning that they have soft copies of the study material, i hope you can forward them to me, my email is may_ismaeil@hotmail.com , just please mention in the subject EE material.
It will be of great help, Thanks

Samnid

Mar 27, 2016
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am planning to take the PEBC evaluating exam this July 2016. I have no materials yet :( and the syllabus is so vast that it makes me panic of writing the axam.
In this post many of the members mentioned about the soft copies of the study material and the links, It will be of great help if anyone could forward them to me, my email id is afzalneda@gmail.com.
Also If any of you have any Misbah books for EE that you would like to sell or loan and any other study materials then please email me the details.
And also if anyone is interested in group study or discussion to share their knowledge, stratergies to pass this exam then please mail me at

afzalneda@gmail.com

Thanks and All the best. :)