+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

Delmar

Sep 27, 2016
Dear all,

Well, I will finish my studies this fall on December, and for medical issues of my father, I have to travel overseas to take care of him. I come from a visa except country and I would like to apply to the PGWP from my homeland depending of my father's health. I know that I have 3 month after receiving the letter of the University for applying to the PGWP, also I know that should be better to apply from here to the PGWP, but according with the health condition of my father I just want to travel asap, after taking the last Test in the University, week of 12 of December. I could apply online to my PGWP, but I don't want to have any issues in the port of entry when I'll return.

Any advice, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Firstly,My advice come back before your study permit expires.
Second if you are outside Canada you have to give someone authority to pickup your graduation letter
After that you can apply online asap if you get your pgwp early before your study permit expires can make a sense. But at that time you still need visa to comeback Canada.
Again my recommendation is comeback before your study permit expires.

Delmar

Sep 27, 2016
Thank you very much Satvir Singh,

I was waiting for this answer, my study permit expire in June of 2017, then I could stay in my homeland all the time needed. The University can email me the letter of approval of my studies, then I could upload it for the application of the PGWP. Unfortunately my father is not in the best conditions, just for that I want to stay there all the time possible.

One last question, should be better to go back to Canada with the application of the PGWP in process or I could return with the PGWP approved?. Which case is better for not having issues in POE.

Any additional comment, would be very kind of you,

Thanks!