+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP TRV application from India

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: IMM5257: client has failed to declare the previous study permit refusal as well as two USA enforcement actions taken against the client.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

How should I justify this and write a clarification letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: IMM5257: client has failed to declare the previous study permit refusal as well as two USA enforcement actions taken against the client.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

How should I justify this and write a clarification letter?
So you have PGWP and applied for TRV? Seems like you lied on your application. Fortunately you didn’t get 5 year ban unless you got a PGL too. You need to always declare any refusals so now you have to explain the 2 US enforcement actions agains you, as well as the study permit refusal. Also now need to declare this refusal.

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
Should i hire a immigration lawyer or just make a good clarification letter explaining all the refusal reasons??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should i hire a immigration lawyer or just make a good clarification letter explaining all the refusal reasons??
This is not a PFL unless you got one in a separate letter/email. It is up to you if you want to hire a professional. Do you have a PGWP or were you applying for one outside Canada? Are you eligible for a PGWP? When did you graduate?

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
Yeah i got PGWP approval but due to family emergency i had to travel back to India so then I applied for TRV to get back to Canada and then i did mistake in filling forms. I graduated few months ago.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah i got PGWP approval but due to family emergency i had to travel back to India so then I applied for TRV to get back to Canada and then i did mistake in filling forms. I graduated few months ago.
So reapply and state all your refusals for every country and include the most recent Canadian refusal too. Don’t lie. You are lucky you didn’t get a 5 year ban.