+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP stuck since 5 months, No response from IRCC

Farha Telwala

Feb 8, 2024
Hello everyone , I applied for my work permit on August 31, 2023, and it has been almost 5 months since I received any information, not even a letter of eligibility. I applied via mail, and when I called IRCC, they said I was not eligible for the paper application, but they have informed the processing officer, and they will consider it a normal application, so I won't be rejected. But still, it has been more than the processing time, and I have raised several web forms and even mailed the local MP a few times but received no response. Please suggest how I can escalate my processing time.
Also, can I withdraw my application and apply again online? my study permit has expired on December 31, 2023
please help and suggest something because i am not able to find a job due to this

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
Hello everyone , I applied for my work permit on August 31, 2023, and it has been almost 5 months since I received any information, not even a letter of eligibility. I applied via mail, and when I called IRCC, they said I was not eligible for the paper application, but they have informed the processing officer, and they will consider it a normal application, so I won't be rejected. But still, it has been more than the processing time, and I have raised several web forms and even mailed the local MP a few times but received no response. Please suggest how I can escalate my processing time.
Also, can I withdraw my application and apply again online? my study permit has expired on December 31, 2023
please help and suggest something because i am not able to find a job due to this
I'm confused so I have a few questions:

1. This is pgwp you are applying for correct?
2. Are you applying for pgwp for the first time? If yes, why did you apply by mail and not online?
3. I think you would have to wait for a decision now and keep sending webform and contacting your MPs.

I fear they will reject you for not following the correct process. People only apply for pgwp extension by mail not during the first time. But be optimistic, as long as all your document are in place, they are supposed to approve you.

Farha Telwala

Feb 8, 2024
I contacted ircc regarding this and they said you won't get rejected bcoz of this and they have informed the processing officer that it was by mistake.

Farha Telwala

Feb 8, 2024
No they are just saying it's in the process. But my point is I have not yet received my letter of eligibility, how am I gonna work ?

Anj2731

May 27, 2022
Hi Farha,Did you receive pgwp ?any updates on your application.I am in same situation,please let me know.

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
How long it takes to get physical copy of PGWP delivered at home after getting approval letter in GTA area?
Do we need to present at home to take the document or they gonnna just drop it in the mail box?

Anj2731

May 27, 2022
Can you please let me know your timeline.
I have called IRCC several times,they are not ready to give the implied status letter.
I have raised webform,but no response.
Is there anyway to apply online ?
I am need to renew my health card as well, as I am currently pregnant, they are not ready to renew my health as I don't have letter from IRCC.Its really stressful, please let me know your processing time and how did you approached them or any other wayI can opt for.