+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP rejection.

Jun 29, 2023
Hey, everyone. So far not very good. I finished my two year associate degree on April, receive completion letter may 4th. Applied for PWGP may 15th. In my explanation letter I explained everything since I got to canada. I took a semester off which we are legally allow to do so (summer) as long as we are enrolled full time one semester before and one after. I’ve been always full time student. Never failed any subject. BUT unfortunately, I worked within may 5th and may 14th, of course I did not know that it was ilegal to do so. So many things were happening in my life in that moment, did not have the time to applied immediately for the pgwp. Today, still not answer from IRCC but i received a refund of 155cad while total i paid was 255. I dont want to think that they will refuse my application, but in case they do so. Do you guys think that they will approved if i reapply with an explanation of this?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey, everyone. So far not very good. I finished my two year associate degree on April, receive completion letter may 4th. Applied for PWGP may 15th. In my explanation letter I explained everything since I got to canada. I took a semester off which we are legally allow to do so (summer) as long as we are enrolled full time one semester before and one after. I’ve been always full time student. Never failed any subject. BUT unfortunately, I worked within may 5th and may 14th, of course I did not know that it was ilegal to do so. So many things were happening in my life in that moment, did not have the time to applied immediately for the pgwp. Today, still not answer from IRCC but i received a refund of 155cad while total i paid was 255. I dont want to think that they will refuse my application, but in case they do so. Do you guys think that they will approved if i reapply with an explanation of this?
When did you apply? You mentioned you finished April and received completion letter May 4th

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Because of the refund and because I worked within those days.
Lets not speculate, wait until you receive any correspondence from IRCC.. Refunds happen when you cancel, or withdraw application or you overpay..Application fee cant be refunded once they start processing it

Jun 29, 2023
Lets not speculate, wait until you receive any correspondence from IRCC.. Refunds happen when you cancel, or withdraw application or you overpay..Application fee cant be refunded once they start processing it
Okay thank you! Just so i know, refund also happen when you get rejected?

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
Whats the current status of your PGWP application in IRCC portal. Is it showing under consideration or being processed.