+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused/ Flagpoling Immediately/ Few days left until visa! - Please Advice!

smrthyandy

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
Hello ,

It would be really kind if someone could take out time to reply to a question which I know has been answered a million times before but I am in a pretty bad situation so Thanks a ton in advance.

I recently applied for my Post graduation work permit and unfortunately it got refused saying I do not qualify for it although I meet all the requirements. I called the CIC agent and they have agreed to reconsider my case. They also asked me to re-apply for it.

Meanwhile Should I go to the US-Canada border and try to flagpole? I live 5 minutes away from the border. My student visa expires on January 23rd. Will I have a problem in Re-entry to Canada?
The only concern I have is the Re-entry. Also I am not sure if they do flagpole anymore? I dont want any trouble with the agents while my application is being reconsidered.

Please Advice.

Thank you so much

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest that you wait since flagpoling is not always successful. You would still benefit from implied status till a decision is made regarding your PGWP application. I would recommend that you re-apply as soon as possible and just wait and see. Did they give you a specific reason for rejection?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Watch out, flagpoling may *** your situation more.

I know a guy who was in the same situation but his application was Co-op work permit instead of PGWP, and by flagpolling and the officer told him that he doesn't need an internship to complete his program and was denied to enter to Canada again and got stuck in the U.S.A and forced to leave to his home country. He was from Laval University.

Probably your first application misses something or you misdeclared something in your application like a date. What I would suggest is that you Apply again as soon as possible before your SP expires and I think by applying again you will enter the Implied status and you will be able to stay legally until you get another answer.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Also mention what is your grade and how many years your program was so we can figure out if it's eligible for a PGWP or not.