+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused/ Flagpoling Immediately/ Few days left until visa! - Please Advice!

smrthyandy

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
Hello ,

It would be really kind if someone could take out time to reply to a question which I know has been answered a million times before but I am in a pretty bad situation so Thanks a ton in advance.

I recently applied for my Post graduation work permit and unfortunately it got refused saying I do not qualify for it although I meet all the requirements. I called the CIC agent and they have agreed to reconsider my case. They also asked me to re-apply for it.

Meanwhile Should I go to the US-Canada border and try to flagpole? I live 5 minutes away from the border. My student visa expires on January 23rd. Will I have a problem in Re-entry to Canada?

The only concern I have is the Re-entry. Also I am not sure if they do flagpole anymore? I dont want any trouble with the agents while my application is being reconsidered.

Please Advice.

Thank you so much

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Re: PGWP - Flagpoling - I appreciate all the help and advice!

smrthyandy said:
Hello ,

It would be really kind if someone could take out time to reply to a question which I know has been answered a million times before but I am in a pretty bad situation so Thanks a ton in advance.

I recently applied for my Post graduation work permit and unfortunately it got refused saying I do not qualify for it although I meet all the requirements. I called the CIC agent and they have agreed to reconsider my case. They also asked me to re-apply for it.

Meanwhile Should I go to the US-Canada border and try to flagpole? I live 5 minutes away from the border. My student visa expires on January 23rd. Will I have a problem in Re-entry to Canada?
The only concern I have is the Re-entry. Also I am not sure if they do flagpole anymore? I dont want any trouble with the agents while my application is being reconsidered.

Please Advice.

Thank you so much

Why did your PGWP refused? And as long you have valid status in Canada, you're be okay...

smrthyandy

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
Re: PGWP - Flagpoling - I appreciate all the help and advice!

The refusal letter states in BOLD that I was refused because I did not participate in full time study for 8 months which is not true. Because I have submitted proof of completion and graduation letter from my school.