+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

sumitsharma12

Jan 17, 2020
Hey guys, my study permit was expired on 31 august, 2019. But i m done with my study on 26 of august, 2019. For the safe side i applied for SP extension. They refused my extension on 24 of Sep by giving me reason that i wasn't enrolled for next semester . But by time i was already graduated. They putt me on restoration status and asked me to renew your status within next three month. then i got my completion letter from college on 10 of oct an i applied for PGWP with restoration fee. i was part time with One course in my last semester. Then today i got my WP refusal letter with reason that your are not full time student.
Qus.

Is anybody have same case like me?
what should i do next?
can i ap

sumitsharma12

Jan 17, 2020
Hey guys, my study permit was expired on 31 august, 2019. But i m done with my study on 26 of august, 2019. For the safe side i applied for SP extension. They refused my extension on 24 of Sep by giving me reason that i wasn't enrolled for next semester . But by time i was already graduated. They putt me on restoration status and asked me to renew your status within next three month. then i got my completion letter from college on 10 of oct an i applied for PGWP with restoration fee. i was part time with One course in my last semester. Then today i got my WP refusal letter with reason that your are not full time student.
Qus.

what should i do next?
can i ap
I applied for SP before 31 august.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Qus.

what should i do next?
can i ap
During your school time before you graduated, were you part time? (except for last semester)

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
yes i was winter 2017 had only one course. but it was because i had no option. all courses was already full.
Well, I am sure there is expert but can help, but due to that you were not qualify for PGWP. You can either try your luck and reapply with reasons, leave the country, flagpooling or apply for another course. Expert knows better.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
yes i was winter 2017 had only one course. but it was because i had no option. all courses was already full.
You dont qualify for PGWP unfortunately, the reason doesn't really matter although sometimes if you explained they could have let it go. You are only allowed to be part time in last semester

sumitsharma12

Jan 17, 2020
i got my refusal yesterday. My lawyer said he is gonna mail today to immigration with all reasons and explanation. is there any chance to that they can reopen my file. i waited whole three month or do i need to start over again.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
i got my refusal yesterday. My lawyer said he is gonna mail today to immigration with all reasons and explanation. is there any chance to that they can reopen my file. i waited whole three month or do i need to start over again.
If you were not full time, you do not meet the eligibility for pwgp. There is no chance that you will get PGWP anymore.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Chance or no chance ... You cant be worse off by re-applying ( in Canada , if you have status or outside Canada , if you do not have status or if you can simultaneously apply for restoration of status then also in Canada ) . At the most you will lose few dollars .

Bulk of the cases which have resulted in positive outcome has invariably been acompanied by a letter explaning their reason for part time .

Bulk of the refusals have been when the reasons have not been written .

k.karina

Feb 6, 2020
Qus.

what should i do next?
can i ap

When you applied for SP Extension, did you attach a letter of explanation stating that you need SP for the purpose of PGWP application? Or you only submitted required documents?