+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Question

ageg95

Star Member
May 17, 2017
So I applied for my PGWP.

In the IMM5710 there is a question about education. My program was a 4 year program, one of them was back home at my Canadian university's partner. I was enrolled in the Canadian university for 3 years but only actually studied in Canada for one year.

The question does not ask if the post-secondary education was in Canada or not.
I answered with the Canadian university since 2014 (the year I was officially enrolled in the program). Do you think that was the right way to do it?

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

In the IMM5710 there is a question about education. My program was a 4 year program, one of them was back home at my Canadian university's partner. I was enrolled in the Canadian university for 3 years but only actually studied in Canada for one year.

I answered with the Canadian university since 2014 (the year I was officially enrolled in the program). Do you think that was the right way to do it?
Its better to call CIC for this confusion ...
Good Luck :)

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
PGWP is only issued to those who attend full time studies within Canada. But in your case, it could be considered as Educational Programs with Overseas Component meaning as long you graduated with a Canadian degree that it should be fine.

But this is my opinion only, as I don't know what school and what program you gradated from to comment further.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Write complete duration. Expect full PGWP if degree issued by a school in Canada. If not, you will get PGWP only for the duration you studied in Canada.

Morteraiii

Aug 18, 2017
Need help too

I am planning to apply for international student in centennial college. I will be taking two 1-year program which is culinary skills and baking skills. Both programs have similar courses and by the time i finish my 1st 1-year program there will be lesser courses for my 2nd 1-year program. Am i still a full-time student despite of the lesser number of courses on my 2nd program? Please help i really need to know. Thank you