+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp paper application due to passport expiry

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
Hello guys,

I have applied to extend my pgwp due to passport expiry. My paper application got to IRCC on Jan 4th according to tracking on canada post. Last week, I sent a webform to confirm if it has been received and uploaded to their system. I also called IRCC agent to check, they both said my application is not yet on their system.

I am getting worried about this because I need a way to track my applications. I wanted to apply online initially but it said on their website that pgwp extension due to passport expiry application has to be on paper, I also called IRCC to confirm this. But it has been almost two weeks since my application got to them and I haven't even gotten an AOR.

Has anybody submitted a paper application for pgwp extension due to passport expiry recently?

If yes, how long did it take to get AOR and how long did it take altogether to get a final decision on your application?

I initially got 10 months which expires in May and I have still not gotten a full time job in my field and I also know that employers may not hire me cus the current work permit I have expires in May.

I'm getting depressed about all these.

Can someone help with suggestions?

Thanks.