+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP in Canada ... Few Queries...

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
I had few questions bugging me and would be grateful If some one answers them

My course ends on 31st dec 2012 in toronto and my study permit is till 31st march 2013....

What I m thinking is to visit 1 month in India for vacation in Jan 2013 and after coming back to Canada apply fo PGWP

A) Is it fine If I go to India without applying WP or Is it like canadian Govt wont allow me to reenter ... Because I have completed my course(Hence Student Visa Not to be used?)and dont have WP filed either.

B) If I apply for PGWP before going on vacation to India and then can I re-enter canada without Job(Would be having only Job WP).....Or it like on their discretion as wont have job offer in hand

C) In short once I get PGWP ...Can I leave canda and re-enter without job in Canada..

D) How much time does it take to get PGWP ...Once we apply...

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
Thanks a lot for that info ....really helpful

1)What is Multi-entry TRV and how to procure it?

2) Can I apply for PGWP before completing my course ...My course is of 8 months...And If I do so...Will it overlap my course tenure and WP start time

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinnaak said:

My course ends on 31st dec 2012 in toronto and my study permit is till 31st march 2013....

What I m thinking is to visit 1 month in India for vacation in Jan 2013 and after coming back to Canada apply fo PGWP

A) Is it fine If I go to India without applying WP or Is it like canadian Govt wont allow me to reenter ... Because I have completed my course(Hence Student Visa Not to be used?)and dont have WP filed either.

B) If I apply for PGWP before going on vacation to India and then can I re-enter canada without Job(Would be having only Job WP).....Or it like on their discretion as wont have job offer in hand

C) In short once I get PGWP ...Can I leave canda and re-enter without job in Canada..

Hi,

1. You can visit India without PGWP in hand/application under processing. You MUST apply for PGWP before 31st March.
2. You do not need any job offer for PGWP or to re-enter Canada.
3. Yes. You can leave even without PGWP in hand provided you MUST apply for it with 90 days of graduation or before the expiry of study permit.
4. 45 to 60 days. You can continue work with an off-campus work permit.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinnaak said:
Thanks a lot for that info ....really helpful

1)What is Multi-entry TRV and how to procure it?

2) Can I apply for PGWP before completing my course ...My course is of 8 months...And If I do so...Will it overlap my course tenure and WP start time
Hi,

1. Fill up 'Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM 5257]'. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp You MUST submit it at any visa office outside of Canada (normally at Buffalo, USA or your homeland).
2. No. You must be a graduate.

tiger007

Champion Member
Pinnaak said:

You can rely on Enfiled's answers. More reliable.

But, one definitely needs Multi-entry TRV, accompanied with his/her Study permit/ Post grad work permit to leave and re-enter Canada.

And, Yes you cannot leave Canada after completion of course, without applying for PGWP, then you will loose the chance for PGWP.

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
If I understand correctly...

1) If I apply for WP within 90days of completion of course then....Will it overlap my course tenure and WP start time

2) If I visit India without PGWP and even though my course is completed in dec2012 then also on basis of my study permit I can re-enter( That means My course completion would not block me from re-entering)

3)What is Multi-entry TRV and how to procure it and when do we require it?( This was suggested to me by a viewer on forum)

Thanks again

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
Thankyou Tiger and Enfield for ur inputs which has given a good idea on all this....I replied before reading last 2 msgs of urs....However they r bit contradicting....

During course 1st six months we MUST work on Campus and then we are allowed to work OFF campus.......At that point my course is not completed then also I can work off campus?

Or it offcampus work during studies is diffirent from PGWP.....

tiger007

Champion Member
Pinnaak said:

1) If I apply for WP within 90days of completion of course then....Will it overlap my course tenure and WP start time

2) If I visit India without PGWP and even though my course is completed in dec2012 then also on basis of my study permit I can re-enter( That means My course completion would not block me from re-entering)

3)What is Multi-entry TRV and how to procure it and when do we require it?( This was suggested to me by a viewer on forum)

Thanks again
1. Doesn't matter. As long as you don't receive your PGWP, you can continue your work/job/off campus work with the off campus work in those 90days. After you get your PGWP, your new tenure will start and expire as per PGWP validity date. So if after 8 months, say you will get 8 months PGWP, you can work for 1 month extra on Off-campus work permit and then apply for PGWP, and continue working for another month or so till your PGWP arrives, this way you can have total 10 months instead of 8 (as in original PGWP).

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinnaak said:

Thanks again
Hi,

1. No such thing exist. You can apply for a PGWP only once you complete your studies. Your study permit = course duration + 90 days. You must apply for a PGWP with in 90 days.
2. Absolutely yes. Your study permit is valid for the complete course duration + 90 days.
3. Read my last post.

tiger007

Champion Member
Pinnaak said:
Thankyou Tiger and Enfield for ur inputs which has given a good idea on all this....I replied before reading last 2 msgs of urs....However they r bit contradicting....

During course 1st six months we MUST work on Campus and then we are allowed to work OFF campus.......At that point my course is not completed then also I can work off campus?

Or it offcampus work during studies is diffirent from PGWP.....
No, there is NO compulsion to work ON campus for 6 months. You may choose to work ON campus for 1st 6 months, maintain satisfactory academic performance and then after completion of 6 months apply for OFF campus work permit, which will take upto 60 days as Enfield mentioned. So you may need to wait for upto 2 more months before you can start your OFF campus work, that is upto 8 months after starting of course.

OFF campus work permit is totally different from your PGWP. However, after completion of course you have upto 90 days to apply for PGWP, and in that mean time you can work/continue your job with the OFF campus work permit( you won't be able to work in that time if you don't have an OFF campus work permit).

pats87

Mar 24, 2013
Hello sir, i m applying a graduate program in toronto i.,e 8 months course. as u told earlier if the course is 8 months then we'll get+ 90 dys more with the study permit, i js want to know for evry course added dat 90 dys with SP? PGWP issued for how much time period? is it equal to SP's time period? for applying PR is it nessasry completion for full two yrs course or it will go on with 8 months graduate course + PGWP = we are eligible for applying PR? plz let me know abt my query. thanks