Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Guys I really need help here my employer is just illiterate as it regards filing LMO.

I informed him nearly a month ago about my PGWP expiring date coming. He told me of a bad experience he had in 2006 with an old employee of his and said he don't mind applying but would need more information. He asked I give him a number to call so he might speak to Helpline, or some like that!
I provided him the phone# for General inquiry at HRSDC and prepared a document with all the information he needs. I also printed a copy of what is online and told him you do not need to prove efforts in recruitment because my job is permanent and under NOC A.

He came back to me later on and said he tried calling the # I gave and line was busy. So, we called together but, though we got s.o. on the phone, I had to return to my duties so I let him finish the call. However, because he did not read whatever info I gave him initially the guy on the phone instructed him on what must be done for TFW, not TFW under PGWP.
Then he kept on mentionning he needs to speak w/ s.o. there so as to know what he has to do. He now requested that I use my spare time to call the helpline and then ask that they call him.

As I knew it's impossible to see that happen... I again prepared a package info but this time I called the helpline and asked questions to know what is the procedure and how to meet the criteria. I typed a subsequent document in French this time, his mother tongue, presentin all steps for him to know what's required and what's the procedure and put the links and steps to access the form. I also gave a # for employers to call if they have inquiries to make.

Howvere he still didn't read it and lastly asked that I print and give him the form to fill in. I did and yet he's suspicious cause he filled the same form for that employee back then and think he needs guidance. I told him everything is online, and I even called in for you so read what I gave you thus far and we'll see if you have further questions.

As a final input he told me that he doesn't want to be misled and fail to include all what Service Canada requires to process my LMO. I told him now I'll ask if aanyone knows how to process under the new regulation and can tell me what form they've filled in, how they did so and whatever docs were added. Also, I believe there's an area where he'll need to write permanent position... I truly need a step-by-step instruction for my illiterate employer. PLZ help!

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
Hi,
Don't get me wrong, but I think the best way to persuade your employer to fill the application form is "Contacting a immigration consultant or lawyer/agent (An hour meeting for getting clear information from the lawyer should be in between $100-200) and ask him/her to contact your employer for further information".

You don't need to hire the lawyer/agent for the entire procedure, of course you and your employer can simply do it, but some employers are very hesitating to help in getting a LMO. Don't get him stressed out and make him feel comfortable to fill out the form for ya..
It's ridiculous but it happens very often around my friends.

The Lord will answer you always if you ask him.
Cheers