+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Help

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Hey everyone, I had a question about my PGWP application. After my finals were over, I immediately flew to my home country for vacation. I contacted my school to provide me with documents proving that I met my graduation requirements so that I can apply for PGWP. A friend of mine who was still in Canada was kind enough to get those documents for me from my school, scan them and send them to me.

So I ended up applying online with the documents I had without thinking too much about it. Recently I read that you have to be residing in Canada to be able to apply online. So I requested a withdrawal of my application so that I can apply again since now I do reside in Canada.

Should I go with the withdrawal or was it unnecessary that I requested it? Thanks.

Another side question I had is, does anyone know why the processing times are increasing every week?

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
I don't understand why u withdrew ur application.

U only went for a vacation to ur home country(if u had all ur stuffs in Canada ur residing in Canada)

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are increasing processing time because PGWp holders supposed to pay extra 100$ priviledge fee but they are not paying that. While applying pgwp, we do not have any tab where we have to upload our reciept so cic will create that tab and email you to pay within week. This is the main reason

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

gadoken said:
Hey everyone, I had a question about my PGWP application. After my finals were over, I immediately flew to my home country for vacation. I contacted my school to provide me with documents proving that I met my graduation requirements so that I can apply for PGWP. A friend of mine who was still in Canada was kind enough to get those documents for me from my school, scan them and send them to me.

So I ended up applying online with the documents I had without thinking too much about it. Recently I read that you have to be residing in Canada to be able to apply online. So I requested a withdrawal of my application so that I can apply again since now I do reside in Canada.

Should I go with the withdrawal or was it unnecessary that I requested it? Thanks.

Another side question I had is, does anyone know why the processing times are increasing every week?

Depend on whether you have selected 'Canada' as your current place of residence online.

Over 3 lacs international students in Canada, obviously things are getting stretched.

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Dennia said:
I don't understand why u withdrew ur application.

U only went for a vacation to ur home country(if u had all ur stuffs in Canada ur residing in Canada)
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

The paragraph reads this:
Note: Graduates cannot apply for a PGWP online if their country of residence is not Canada. However, if they are temporarily abroad and they meet the eligibility requirements for the PGWPP, they should be counselled to apply on paper through an overseas visa office or a visa application centre (VAC). Those foreign nationals who are eligible to apply for a work permit at a port of entry (POE) may also apply for a post-graduation work permit through that channel.

Sort of a weird rule, unless I'm misunderstanding it. At this point, it is not withdrawn but I did send the request. I mentioned in the comments section that if this wouldn't be a detriment to my application, they should ignore it and process my application as is.

J5M said:
Hi,

Depend on whether you have selected 'Canada' as your current place of residence online.

Over 3 lacs international students in Canada, obviously things are getting stretched.
Over 3 lacs? I'm not sure what you mean.

Jaiveer Singh said:
They are increasing processing time because PGWp holders supposed to pay extra 100$ priviledge fee but they are not paying that. While applying pgwp, we do not have any tab where we have to upload our reciept so cic will create that tab and email you to pay within week. This is the main reason
Interesting. I do remember that I only paid the $155 when I submitted the application and now there's another $100 if you apply now. My problem with the increasing processing times is that, if my PGWP application is refused for the reason I mentioned, my study permit will have already expired and I won't be able to apply again. So I need to make sure I applied correctly.

Thanks for the replies.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have never heard that they rejected anyone pgwp(if some problem in your course as its online but showing full time then they will reject, that what happen to students of Niagara college). They are aware about the situation what you have written about expriy of both permits so dnt worry. Why think negative

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
I have never heard that they rejected anyone pgwp(if some problem in your course as its online but showing full time then they will reject, that what happen to students of Niagara college). They are aware about the situation what you have written about expriy of both permits so dnt worry. Why think negative
I'm paranoid since if I have to go back to my home country I'll kill myself lol. (just kidding, haha) But other than the temporarily abroad situation, everything else is perfectly fine.

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
Dnt worry but you should not withdraw your application
Hopefully they see the part where I wrote "If this situation won't affect my application, please process it as is" and are understanding about it. Thanks.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

gadoken said:

Technically, you can not apply PGWP online if your country of residence (at the time of application) is not Canada. But if you have selected Canada as your country of residence when applying online, its fine.