+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP: "Field of Study" in Study Permit possibly different from the program graduating from?

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi there,

I'm a Master's student in Geography (specifically Physical Geography) and will graduate next month. In my Study Permit, "The field of study" was mentioned "Applied sciences" as what I have done during my Master's is actually related to engineering (Geomatics Engineering). A friend of mine, however, told me that I should've entered "Social sciences" in my Study Permit.

Given this, I'm very worried if this will cause any issue when applying for the PGWP! Is it an issue you think?

Would be grateful if you can please help me with it.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi there,

I'm a Master's student in Geography (specifically Physical Geography) and will graduate next month. In my Study Permit, "The field of study" was mentioned "Applied sciences" as what I have done during my Master's is actually related to engineering (Geomatics Engineering). A friend of mine, however, told me that I should've entered "Social sciences" in my Study Permit.

Given this, I'm very worried if this will cause any issue when applying for the PGWP! Is it an issue you think?

Would be grateful if you can please help me with it.

Thanks
1. No impact.

Reactions: MaxFederico