+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension Rejection

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hi everyone,
I am writing this on behalf of my friend who initially got 1.5 years PGWP instead of 3 years due to passport expiry. She completed 4 years bachelors degree so is eligible for 3 years PGWP.
Now she applied for PGWP extension on 15 May and got a letter to paid Open WP fee of $100 within 7 days on 10 Sep. She did pay the fee very same day and emailed cost recovery people about it.
What she didn't do, as per instructions, was upload the receipt on her online application. Earlier this morning she got the rejection letter as they did not receive the payment receipt within 7 days. Now she is out of status in Canada and can only stay as visitor as she holds passport from HK.
Now, how can she proceed with with? Should she apply for restoration? Should she request re-opening of PGWP extension application? Whom can she contact to re-open the application cause she did pay the fee in time just did not upload the receipt at the right place.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Hi everyone,
I am writing this on behalf of my friend who initially got 1.5 years PGWP instead of 3 years due to passport expiry. She completed 4 years bachelors degree so is eligible for 3 years PGWP.
Now she applied for PGWP extension on 15 May and got a letter to paid Open WP fee of $100 within 7 days on 10 Sep. She did pay the fee very same day and emailed cost recovery people about it.
What she didn't do, as per instructions, was upload the receipt on her online application. Earlier this morning she got the rejection letter as they did not receive the payment receipt within 7 days. Now she is out of status in Canada and can only stay as visitor as she holds passport from HK.
Now, how can she proceed with with? Should she apply for restoration? Should she request re-opening of PGWP extension application? Whom can she contact to re-open the application cause she did pay the fee in time just did not upload the receipt at the right place.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ohh that is indeed a very complex situation failure to comply the request wouldn't left much options for her. However, she can try her luck my send a case specific inquiry along with attached the paid receipt and tell CIC she did paid the amount very same day and also emailed the same to cost recovery. I would also attach the screen shot of the cost recovery email mentioning date when email sent.

Hope she will able to renew it. Chances are very slim but it won't hurt request.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
alijumani said:
Ohh that is indeed a very complex situation failure to comply the request wouldn't left much options for her. However, she can try her luck my send a case specific inquiry along with attached the paid receipt and tell CIC she did paid the amount very same day and also emailed the same to cost recovery. I would also attach the screen shot of the cost recovery email mentioning date when email sent.

Hope she will able to renew it. Chances are very slim but it won't hurt request.
Do you know the email address for case specific inquiry?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Do you know the email address for case specific inquiry?
Below is the link for case specific inquiry Ottawa:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ottawa