PGWP extension and Closed work permit question

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
Asking for a friend.

My friend whose PGWP expired in March has applied for closed work permit through his employer and is maintaining status.

Currently, since the IRCC announced the PGWP extension policy, will he be able to submit another application for this open work permit while his closed work permit application is pending?

Is it legal to hold 2 valid work permits - closed and a open work permit?

Will this application affect the employer applied CWP?

Any advice is appreciated!!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Asking for a friend.

My friend whose PGWP expired in March has applied for closed work permit through his employer and is maintaining status.

Currently, since the IRCC announced the PGWP extension policy, will he be able to submit another application for this open work permit while his closed work permit application is pending?

I have a pending CWP (based from my PNP nomination) application since last September 2022. When the temporary PGWP extension policy came into effect, I opted in for the extension. I got approval for the PGWP extension a week after opting in. Right now I don't know what will happen to my CWP application.

You can't have 2 valid work permits, afaik. One will definitely be invalid and only one will be active.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Asking for a friend.

You need to pick one and withdraw the other.

Reactions: rcincanada2019