+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Expiring

lovethysid

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I am currently on a Post Grad Work Permit expiring on March 25th 2017. I will complete 1 year of experience in NOC B in mid February. After calculating my points with 1 year of experience and my current IELTS score I will be somewhere between 470 to 475.
My employer is also willing to file LMIA for me in Toronto but as we all know the processing time is about 2-3 months and chances of approval are low.
If I get my ITA before my Work Permit expires will I still be able to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit? The criteria for BOWP says it can be applied only after R10 completeness check and AOR. I do not have my Police Clearance Certificate so can I still get AOR?

Also,worst case scenario can I apply for study permit and go back to school till my CEC is under process.

All replies will be much appreciated. I am really stressed out over this and losing my sleep.

Thanks folks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lovethysid said:
If I get my ITA before my Work Permit expires will I still be able to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit?

If you get your ITA, AND submit your e-APR before your work permit expires, AND receive the email AOR (usually within 24 hours), AND then submit your BOWP application BEFORE your current permit expires, then you will be eligible.

The criteria for BOWP says it can be applied only after R10 completeness check and AOR. I do not have my Police Clearance Certificate so can I still get AOR?

You can apply as soon as you get the email AOR, but no decision can be made on the BOWP until you pass the R10 completeness check. While you are waiting for the decision, you will be on "implied status."

You need to submit your PCCs with your e-APR, so I suggest you apply for the PCC as soon as possible. There are some circumstances where you can submit your PCC later, but if you do not meet those circumstances and apply without the PCC, your application will be refused as incomplete, and you will not get the BOWP.

Also,worst case scenario can I apply for study permit and go back to school till my CEC is under process.

You would have to be accepted to a program before you could apply for a study permit, most likely starting in the fall, so you would not be able to get a study permit right away.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Hi,
please help me!

My PGWP going to expire on 15/Aug/2017. My EE profile is now on the pool. qualified both for FSW and CEC. Score showing 410. still waiting for ITA!!

What can I do now for my current residence permit.

Some people advice me go for visitor visa. Some of them told to apply for study permit again.
What to do now?

Thank you for your time!