+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expires before receiveing ITA under CEC

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Once again, I told this to several people here: ITA isn't the document that allows you to apply for BOWP. ITA or Invitation to Apply states that you either Apply for PR within 60 days or Decline the invitation. You use AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) as a document to apply for BOWP.

If you don't believe or not sure I can share my ITA and AOR here, you can read those docs and can figure it out.
Getting the ITA give rise to the AOR upon submitting your application. The AOR is then used to apply for the BOWP.
I guess we're all saying the same thing.

Dutch123456

Jan 3, 2022
"I think he doesn't like CEC candidates or immigrant for that matter. He kind of a white supremacist."- dont know about it as I haven't seen the video he addressed. I'll check that later.
There's millions of backlogs from 2020 and some from 2019 that includes FSW, CEC, PNP, FSTW and TRPR. Considering the fast there hasn't been any FSW/FSTW because of Covid, backlogs in 2021. Nothing for CEC since Sept 2021 because of backlogs. TRPR is still on the process. Hopefully things will start to resume soon.
I heard that IRCC will soon to start with a program for those who's PGWP expired or expiring and are employed.
Where have you heard this? "I heard that IRCC will soon to start with a program for those who's PGWP expired or expiring and are employed."

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,
My pgwp expired on December 18,2021 and applied inland visitor visa but today my application canceled due to the fact that I had to apply VISITOR RECORD not visitor visa. Anyone experienced this situation? Please be careful don’t apply visitor visa if you are in Canada. Apply for visitor record. My husband’s application still in process so I am thinking to send explanation letter through web form so maybe they will consider his application as a visitor record application. I will apply visitor record for myself as I am still in 90 days period after pgwp expired.

Reactions: Hmmm

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Hello Everyone,
My pgwp expired on December 18,2021 and applied inland visitor visa but today my application canceled due to the fact that I had to apply VISITOR RECORD not visitor visa. Anyone experienced this situation? Please be careful don’t apply visitor visa if you are in Canada. Apply for visitor record. My husband’s application still in process so I am thinking to send explanation letter through web form so maybe they will consider his application as a visitor record application. I will apply visitor record for myself as I am still in 90 days period after pgwp expired.
Thank you for providing this information. Very useful.

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Last edited:

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
This letter was sent to him more than 2 weeks ago and besides he is already aware of these issues raised. How long is he going to before acting?

I maintain that the minister of immigration Sean Fraser is defiant and doesn’t want people of colour to transition to PR under his reign in Canada. That’s why he has ban CEC and refused to Extend PGWP.
I don't agree with this.
Many people of different backgrounds are all suffering, white and non white, we are all in the same boat.
This Ukraine war will now make it longer for them to announce something to help us.
The best would be to announce an extension right now as well.

Dutch123456

Jan 3, 2022
He needs to announce it soon, else people will start packing their bags and leave! Has anyone applied for a work permit extension and got a refusal/rejection?

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
He needs to announce it soon, else people will start packing their bags and leave! Has anyone applied for a work permit extension and got a refusal/rejection?
Whether there will be a new pathway or not is still a question.
With Ukrainian refugees coming in, another big chunk of EE quota will be consumed.