+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Expiration

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
Hi Guys, My PGWP will expire on 11th January, 2024. I am going to leave to leave Canada by the end of January...However, I didn't apply for a Visitor record or any Dummy Work Permit extension. Would this be an issue in future as I am staying in Canada without any status for 2 weeks?

Thank you!

Bainstalwinder

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Guys, My PGWP will expire on 11th January, 2024. I am going to leave to leave Canada by the end of January...However, I didn't apply for a Visitor record or any Dummy Work Permit extension. Would this be an issue in future as I am staying in Canada without any status for 2 weeks?

Thank you!
But why u r not trying to restore your status thru lmia as you have 90 days after expiration

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, My employer will not provide me an LMIA... already asked for it a couple of months back. May i know whether it would be an issue if I stay in canada for a couple of weeks without status?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Thank you!
Not sure what you mean by "an issue in future", but if you are referring to a future PR application - there'll be no impact. But if you are coming back on visitor/work permit, the officer will be able to see your overstay - what they decide is upto them.

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
Yes, i meant PR application.... I am trying to leave Canada asap by the end of January. I wont come back before PR...Thank you!

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
Yes, I did apply for a visitor record just before the expiration of my PGWP application...I am leaving Canada on 31st of January...Let me know what's your situation... :) Thank you!

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
Yes, I did apply for a visitor record just before the expiration of my PGWP application...I am leaving Canada on the 31st of January...Let me know what's your situation... :) Thank you!
Quite similar, my PGWP will expire by the end of March, my current employer will not provide LMIA and I am looking at the option of looking for an LMIA job or applying for a visitor record 30 days before BGWP expires. I believe one can stay in Canada with the visitor record but cannot work.
Was your visitor record later approved?

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
I won't stay in Canada being a visitor. I am leaving Canada exactly in a couple of weeks...My application is still in progress...I applied to avoid being out of status... I will gain foreign experience, improving my CRS score(500+) and making me eligible for stem draw. LMIA is not an option for me.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay