+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP ended and have'nt finished my required 1950 Hrs!!

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
my PGWP has ended and i haven't finished the required number of hours to apply under CEC, what should i do :-[...What are my best options in order to guarantee my PR application to be completed, what if my LMO was negative!!

experienced guys,,, please HELP !!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi myzzak,

First, take a few deep breaths. Now, we need more detailed information.

1) What kind of degree did you get?
2) Has your PGWP already expired or not? What is the expiration date?
3) Are you currently employed, and did your employer already apply for an LMO?

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
Hi JES_ON,

NOC 2113 Geologist
2) Has your PGWP already expired or not? What is the expiration date?
It will expire in DEC this year
3) Are you currently employed, and did your employer already apply for an LMO?
Yes i am employed, and my employer hasn't apply for my LMO yet, i don't know if they will, will it cost them to apply for an LMO, how long will it take until they get the result what if the LMO was negative!!!

Thanks in advance for your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are applying under CEC and you need 1950 hours of work which must mean you did a 2 year course so why did you only get a 1 year work permit? You should have gotten a 3 year work permit.

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
I did fours years of university, I got my 3 year of work permit, but i did have chance to work in Canada during the last year of the work, i was working out side Canada before,,,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if you chose to spend 2 years out of your 3 years work permit outside Canada, you only have yourself to blame that you don't have the hours now.

In any case, in order to continue working to get your hours, you need to convince your employer to apply for the LMO. Go to Service Canada and talk to them about processing times and your options. The employer has to advertise on the job bank for at least 2 weeks to prove that they can't find a Canadian or PR to do your job. It does not actually cost them except that it is work for them. You can help with that by finding out as much as you can about the process and even offer to help them to fill out forms and other things they need to do. It takes at least a few weeks to get the LMO. Again, ask Service Canada about that.

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
Sure i will talk to Service Canada, but why my employer has to advertise for the job, what if some one applied for that job.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because they don't just give work permits to foreigners when there are unemployed locals who can do the job just as easily. If somebody applies for the job, the employer has to talk to them and decide if they are qualified or not. The employer can make it easier for you and harder for other applicants if he makes the ad specific to your education and experience. That will make it less likely for somebody to apply and if somebody applies, easier for your employer to say that person was not qualified.

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
Perfect!! :)

so from the LMO, i can go for next step and apply to extend my PGWP based on the positive LMO right Leon? CORRECT ME IF I AM wrong!!
and the next step is once i have my hours completed i can go ahead and apply for PR??

Thanks Leon

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
Actually since he/she has PGWP, the employer does NOT have to advertise the job if it is a permanent position.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even better. So if they should apply 4 months before it expires, then they should do it in August.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
myzzak said:
Hi JES_ON,

NOC 2113 Geologist
Hy mzzak, it looks like you already got most of your answers. Just wanted to clarify tho - An NOC is NOT a degree - based on what you wrote, I assume you mean you got a B.A. or B.S. (a 4 year university degree) is that correct?

As well, your NOC is NOT what your degree subject is in, your NOC is about your job - the NOC has to match your job duties. There is no requirement that your job is in the same subject as your degree. So, are you working as a geologist?

As well, can you tell us what province you live in? Depending on the province, you may have additional options for PR through the provincial nominee program.

But you should go ahead and do your research for the LMO, and ask your employer to apply for it. As the others have said, there is no fee to your employer, and because they originally hired you on a PGWP, they do not need to advertise and prove they could not hire a Canadian. They DO need to answer "YES" that they intend to hire you permanently.

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Hi Myzzak, you cannot extend the PGWP, it's a one time deal only. But when you get the LMO, you will get new work permit that allows you to work for one employer only.