+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - EE Applicants Please Discuss the situation here

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Canadian universities can admit us for the Masters or Phd programs then why this CIC needs educational credentials checks
Because CIC is nothing to do with universities? And there are schools ion Canada which accept everybody with anything just for getting your high tuition. :D

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
YES...Canadian universities are really amazing :)...I applied for an EIT and APEG need my transcript from the uni where I did my bachelors.. It hard for me to arranged the transcript from backhome. I just went to Canadian university where I did my masters and requested them to post my bachelors transcript to APEG which I submitted you guys at the time of admission...and guess what they replied...they told my you sent your transcript without sealed envelope :)...so we can not give word to APEGS :)...if my transcript was not sealed then why did they give me an admission :)..

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay guys, got off the phone with a CIC agent. I suggest you to do the same so that we have some peace of mind. The points she told me

1. If you are a CEC applicant living and working in Canada, the only thing that changes for you is the way you apply. Before you sent a list of things and we would assess it and then decide to give you PR or not. Now there is going to be a questionnaire and you fill that out accurately, CIC will ask for supporting documentation based on that questionnaire to get an ITA. She said if you got a PR before EE under CEC, you will get it now. Terms for eligibility and certainty has not been changed. Apparently CEC before EE was not 100% chance to get PR and its not 100% now. The difference in uncertainty has not changed 1 bit.

2. The 600 points for LMIA just guarantees PR. This was the case before EE also. EE was just put in place to weed out applicants who try to take advantage of loopholes that makes the process slower.

3. Information is very incomplete and things might change after january/february. Rules were not put in place to detriment the PGWP or FSW, it was meant to bring in more talent thats why the cap was increased.

That is good info and was worth the god damned 20 mins on the wait line. This is all the info she gave me. Maybe things change in the future.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
its mean we have to wait till jan or Feb for the things to be more cleared?

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
praneet87 said:
Okay guys, got off the phone with a CIC agent. I suggest you to do the same so that we have some peace of mind. The points she told me

1. If you are a CEC applicant living and working in Canada, the only thing that changes for you is the way you apply. Before you sent a list of things and we would assess it and then decide to give you PR or not. Now there is going to be a questionnaire and you fill that out accurately, CIC will ask for supporting documentation based on that questionnaire to get an ITA. She said if you got a PR before EE under CEC, you will get it now. Terms for eligibility and certainty has not been changed. Apparently CEC before EE was not 100% chance to get PR and its not 100% now. The difference in uncertainty has not changed 1 bit.

2. The 600 points for LMIA just guarantees PR. This was the case before EE also. EE was just put in place to weed out applicants who try to take advantage of loopholes that makes the process slower.

3. Information is very incomplete and things might change after january/february. Rules were not put in place to detriment the PGWP or FSW, it was meant to bring in more talent thats why the cap was increased.

That is good info and was worth the god damned 20 mins on the wait line. This is all the info she gave me. Maybe things change in the future.
Now call again and you will get a different answer. Haha

To be frank. That is no new information at all.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
lolzz...I forgot my case and I am enjoying fight between curious and bamboo :p

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambooshka said:
Now call again and you will get a different answer. Haha

To be frank. That is no new information at all.
Will do. Its for free and a good cause.

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
praneet87 said:

I called them too right now. I was more interested in PGWP situation, because rest of all is very vague and placative language. They remained elusive and referred to the language on website. I asked to talk to any higher up, but he also repeated the website language. So information to them is infact complete, as gazette has been published.

They might be flexible to changes as they see it, but don't count on them happening right away.

Btw I am not worried about PGWP 600 points at all. I have a spectator interest in the topic.

Edit:- Removed some posts to keep on topic.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
i removed my post as well to keep it clean...please guys every one is trying to clear their query...instead of becoming disrespectful... please try to answer properly....if u think its a obvious or basic question...lets not answer or give the link. cheers every one :)

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
praneet87 said:

Thanks for the information!

So it is confirmed that PGWP holders applying for CEC need LMIA to get the 600 points. I wonder if people without LMIA would remain competitive enough to get ITA among the pool then..... Sad