+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP, CEC profile , LMIA, 2 Full Time Job

ash008

Aug 16, 2023
Hi everyone,
I am on my PGWP. currently have CEC express entry profile with 415 CRS score.
I currently have 1 full time job in NOC B. I am working 40hrs per week (M-F). Been working on this for 2 years.
I recently got another job offer for a baker job and I will work 30hrs per week - which will be considered as another full time job.
So, I will have 2 full time job

Employer will give me LMIA for the baker position. I will be using my PGWP while working on this job. I will consume the 1 year remaining time of my PGWP. Once it is expiring then I will apply for the close work permit for this employer that offers me LMIA.

I have couple of questions:
  1. If I got LMIA on the baker job, will I get 50 CRS score? even though my primary occupation on my profile is the other NOC B job?
  2. Or do I need to find a job same as my NOC B code/primary occupation (2years exp) that has a LMIA to get the additional 50 points?
  3. is it possible if I can still work on 2 job at the same time even though I have 1 job that will give me LMIA under my PGWP? (not close work permit yet)
Appreciate your response :)

Last edited:

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
if you get a positive LMIA you will get the 50 points for having a valid job offer

I dont believe the profile uses the term 'primary occupation', the EE profile just asks you to lists your jobs that you want to count for EE considerations.

You can legally work 2 jobs at the same time, its just question is both jobs will help you gain points for EE