+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp and sin number confusion

Omunar

Sep 29, 2021
Hello,

I recently graduated from Seneca College. Few days after I graduated, I applied for pgwp. My student visa, therefore my sin number, will expire by the end of September, 2021.

I have many confusions about if I am qualified to work during wait for pgwp decision.

After my sin number and study permit expires, am I allowed to work? I talk to Service Canada branch at 1000 Gerrard St. East and they told me that I can work after my sin number and student visa expires.

Long story short, I want to know If I am eligible to work while waiting for a decision of PGWP after my student visa and sin number expires.

Kind regards,

Omunar

Sep 29, 2021
Hi,

Thanks for the reply sir/madam. My confusion is based on the replies of my calls to Service Canada. I called them few times, then they replied as they are not sure and I should call IRCC to be sure. When I do, unfortunately, I couldn't get any representative to talk on the phone.

My intention is to be sure. I checked those pages many times before to be sure but my phone calls made me confused. Anyways, best bet looks like not to be stressful all the time and go with the flow as it seems.

Have a good day.